• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Bosnia begins to use USMC MARPAT

Dhopeful

What do you guys think about it? From what I have read about MARPAT it was intended to be for the USMC only. But is anyone happy they choose MARPAT over the Army ACU's?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

What do you guys think about it? From what I have read about MARPAT it was intended to be for the USMC only. But is anyone happy they choose MARPAT over the Army ACU's?

There was something in the new MCTimes about how other countries are using marpat to the point where the EGA is still in the pattern.

Whatever, wearing the pattern doesn't make you a Marine...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Not excited about it, but meh, how can we stop them.

Gonna be a rodeo if we have to fight them.

AJB37

This doesn't bother me nearly as much as seeing some high school kid wearing the cover crooked and carrying a full set of the woodland MARPAT, f-ing retarded.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would anyone care? The uniform of many foreign services are very close to ours - Navy-wise, Japan and the UK have very similar duds to our own - BFD.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would anyone care? The uniform of many foreign services are very close to ours - Navy-wise, Japan and the UK have very similar duds to our own - BFD.

It could be worse, Liberian rebels wore Coast Guard duds in addition to wearing dresses.

i6flex.jpg

Clux4

Banned
If anything, it tells you that the MARPAT makes more sense than some of the other..............!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot

Brett

If the EGA is not in the pattern - Fine. If it is, then I have issues with it.

Lawman

None
If the EGA is not in the pattern - Fine. If it is, then I have issues with it.

If your gonna get in a wad about some cockmite wearing the EGA on a uniform Id recommend starting with some of the gunshow commandos you see talking about how they cant tell you who they were with but they saw some stuff in their time.

And to the original poster, anybody that thinks ACU is a good pattern for a woodland European enviroment or just about any enviroment over the multitude of other available patterns out there is sadly mistaken. It doesnt matter if it breaks up the human shape better if the color is so off that it stands out amongst the background.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor

Uniforms aside ... some things ARE universal. I like how this African thug chooses the 'gangsta' method of shooting ... i.e., weapon tilted 90 degrees to port ...

It's always nice to witness the exportation of OUR culture abroad, isn't it ?? All in the spirit of inclusiveness, diversity ... hands across the sea & all ... :D