• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Booze, it's what's for dinner...

navyao

Steelies are like Samuel Jackson Beer! it'll get ya drunk!

images.jpeg

CAMike

None
Contributor
Although it wasn't my favorite beer, the fluid dynamics engineered into the Mickey's bottle made for some impressive flow rates when you were in a hurry to achieve Cruising BAC.

mickeys.jpg

Flugelman

Contributor
From my high school days comes the faint echoes of...

"What's the WORD?"

"Thunderbird!"

What's the PRICE?"

"Twenty twice!" :):cool:

Renegade One

None
Ooops, gomenasai, wasn't aware ... didn't realize how sensitive a subject.:oops:
BzB
BzB: I'm gonna churn up a hornet's nest here (not the first time...). But I'm with you...a very good wine (elegantly attributed/labeled to honor of fellow aviators of ALL services...); from a former Naval Aviator (classmate of mine, in fact...Class 7-72 in the F-4 RAG at Miramar). Did his thing wearing Wings of Gold. Have no idea about his civilian career...and don't really care, so long as no laws were broken. Now now owns a winery; makes good stuff; strongly supports the Tailhook Association. Cheers!

For those who want to tell me: "R1, you have no idea..."...get in line. I'm still dealing with folks who thought I was clueless 40 years ago. It's a long and distinguished list...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BzB: I'm gonna churn up a hornet's nest here (not the first time...). But I'm with you...a very good wine (elegantly attributed/labeled to honor of fellow aviators of ALL services...); from a former Naval Aviator (classmate of mine, in fact...Class 7-72 in the F-4 RAG at Miramar). Did his thing wearing Wings of Gold. Have no idea about his civilian career...and don't really care, so long as no laws were broken. Now now owns a winery; makes good stuff; strongly supports the Tailhook Association. Cheers!

For those who want to tell me: "R1, you have no idea..."...get in line. I'm still dealing with folks who thought I was clueless 40 years ago. It's a long and distinguished list...
I'm still not sure what winery you're talking about... if you're talking about one at all.

Renegade One

None
I'm still not sure what winery you're talking about... if you're talking about one at all.
We are...but not my job to throw more gas on the fire. I'd like to think I understand why the earlier linked thread was closed...but I'm probably way off base.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Just a bit of ancient history and background.

Continental Airlines rarely hired Naval Aviators, that is until their top executives were invited to observe flight ops aboard a carrier. They were so impressed; they immediately started hiring almost exclusively, Naval Aviators.

Of course former military pilots were not known to be sympathetic to unions. But a sleazebag by the name of Frank Lorenzo changed all that.

Just before Lorenzo, a majority of the TOPGUN instructors put in their letters and were hired by Continental. It shocked NavPers. Many others including myself were also hired. We later all stood tall.

The bitter strike of 1983 where there was a hostile takeover, our CEO committed suicide in his LAX office, and Lorenzo later fired everyone, only to offer a re-hire at half wages solidified we former Naval Aviators!

The guys I flew with in the Nav, most all honored the picket lines. Some went back to CAL after the strike; some went on to other and better things. None of the guys I flew with in the Navy crossed the line except this guy. Indeed, of the multiple Reserve flying squadrons at Miramar at the time, one did not have a chance of flying for any squadron if one had scabbed. We were a tight and proud group.

I do not know this winery guy. But I do know he crossed and sold his soul when most everyone I flew with and respected did not. Questions?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

He may have been a fomer NA, classmate of yours etc., but he fucked it away in his civilain life by being a scab. I have zero respect for him and if he were still an active airline pilot looking to jumpseat on my plane, he'd be walking. Buy his wine? You'd see me fucking my dog first and that's never going to happen....

Renegade One

None
He may have been a fomer NA, classmate of yours etc., but he fucked it away in his civilain life by being a scab. I have zero respect for him and if he were still an active airline pilot looking to jumpseat on my plane, he'd be walking. Buy his wine? You'd see me fucking my dog first and that's never going to happen....
No, I understand where you guys in the industry are coming from, and why. Roger all.

Renegade One

None
I do not know this winery guy. But I do know he crossed and sold his soul when most everyone I flew with and respected did not. Questions?
Nope...no questions. I had lots of friends (my Best Man included) who got caught up in the strike/pain of 1983. Took him a long time to get on with another carrier, and lives happily ever after. Thanks.