• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Booze, it's what's for dinner...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to totally Google that...I never knew and had no idea. Thanks for the vector to more mindless internet searches. :)
All I think I know about Napa, I learned in the movie "Bottle Shock". (Spoiler Alert: I totally dug the blonde chick...) Eliza Dushku did not exactly suck either...

Wait...I hope that came out wrong...
Bottle Shock was about Jim Barret.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I read somewhere that the pricing on the "Two Buck Chuck" was that instead of using the more expensive wooden storage casks for ageing they used stainless steel containers with little to no degredation in taste. We bought 2 cases last time in Monterey and it was palatable. Not a Silver Oak quality but palatable.

We are getting Trader Joes in the DFW area now. I'll have to make a speed run and check out prices.
This depends on the varietal. There are some wines that sit in oak (mostly reds and some Chards), others don't. There are also way of oaking wine that don't involve a barrel. A typical winery will rotate their barrel stock in thirds, then blend accordingly, but I'd be very surprised if the Two Buck Chuck reds didn't spend some time in barrels. I'll have to get some of this stuff once I get to DC. Results to follow.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Although it wasn't my favorite beer, the fluid dynamics engineered into the Mickey's bottle made for some impressive flow rates when you were in a hurry to achieve Cruising BAC.

View attachment 11620
Used to use these for playing quarters. The wide mouth made it tougher to hit than the ubiquitous Red Solo Cup but the payoff when you did was worth the effort.