• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOEING: Back to Basics -- Back to what works ???

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Back in the late 90s I read an article -- and I desperately wish I could remember the source -- titled something like "How Quality Killed McDonnell Douglas".

It basically detailed how the late 80s/early 90s TQM rage absolutely gutted McD's ability to lead and decisionmake.

Apparently it's this crew that has dragged Boeing down the same road post-merger.

chefmike

Back in the late 90s I read an article -- and I desperately wish I could remember the source -- titled something like "How Quality Killed McDonnell Douglas".

It basically detailed how the late 80s/early 90s TQM rage absolutely gutted McD's ability to lead and decisionmake.

Apparently it's this crew that has dragged Boeing down the same road post-merger.

Oh Yes! TQM, Now replaced with a more assinine Six Sigma. Which is killing creativity, common sense, and having a pair at your company or a company near you very soon.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Oh Yes! TQM, Now replaced with a more assinine Six Sigma. Which is killing creativity, common sense, and having a pair at your company or a company near you very soon.

Blasphemy! Everyone knows that Lean Six Sigma is the perfection of leadership tools!

All your processes are belong to us...:icon_tong

Leadership by TLA is one of the big reasons I went ahead and got out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Who would like to buy my BOEING stock ... ???

I weep ... just weep ... for the future of BOEING, until & unless they can UNLOAD the cretins that busted Douglas and were acquired in the 'buyout' ... and I weep ... just weep ... for my BOEING stock ... especially when one of their major programs is led by a guy named 'Mohammad' ... or 'MO', if you prefer ...

Obla-de-obla-dah-la-la-la-la-life goes on ....

1withshades.jpg

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
They seem to be doing a nice job with P-8's, though. That's the only Boeing product that really matters. :)

boeing-p-8a-poseidon-t2-successfully-completes-1st-flight.jpg