• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Tail Single Engine

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Headed out Gate 3 at Norfolk, approaching the underpass on I-564 about 1040 this morning and a Hawkeye goes flying past @ about 50 feet on what looks one engine (left one spinning like mad; right one feathered).

Pop out the other side of the underpass and look over to see if this was what I thought I saw, and sure enough, there's a Blue Tail E-2 in the arresting gear @ Chambers Field waiting for the ground crew to do whatever they do.

Anyway, nice job, and it made for an interesting visual!

Anyone we know?

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
For some reason I knew it was you. Couldn't tell if it was so badly trimmed up because of the single engine in gusty winds, or a 250# pilot sitting off center of gravity causing it to look like you were skidding! :) Glad you guys are okay.

MasterBates

I have to check my logbook to be sure, but this was #9 or #10 for E-2 single engines (some flown, some copilot).. I've only been flying it since May 09.

Majority have been from FCFs where the Uber-Prop does not like something and either won't restart after the shutdown, or is throwing fault lights that make trying a restart a bad idea.

If only, there were a mechanically controlled version of this prop available somewhere...

deccan_atr2.jpg

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Had three single engine landings in my first 80 hours at the F-14A RAG... thought it would guarantee me non Pratt and Whitney TF-30'ed F-14B's for my fleet squadron (GE-110 motors put out 10K more thrust and always worked). I thought 'they' were trying to kill me.

Good work.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
So what is the big problem with the NP2000s? I know a lot of people don't like them, but never heard an exact reason. Ours are a pain, but don't seem that bad.