• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Best place for SNFOs to live?

badger16

None
Point South realty has some really nice places usually. I live in some mucho bright colored townhouses on Innerarity Point Road. About 2 miles past Hub Stacey's. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get to the squadron. Super clean and new place. I think you can get anywhere from 1-3 bedrooms. I like it because it is out of the way a little bit so you are not bothered by the tourists in the summer and I have a great view and am only about 6 feet from Perdido Bay. The negative is it takes me about an hour to get to the airport/mall but I hardly go up there. In the summer you can have plenty of fun without leaving the key (read the 'bama/Live bait...etc) and in the winter you just share a cab with 5-6 of you buddies to get downtown safe for pretty cheap. Good luck on your search!

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Anybody ever pulled off living on Ono Island? I saw a 3000 sq ft 4 br 4.5 ba house for $1850/month. $462.50/month per roommate is not bad. But it's a decent drive from NASP.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know anyone that has, but I don't think you'd have any problems with the commute. Figure 25 mins to get from Ono to base, instead of the 10-15 you'd get living just over the bridge on Perdido. There's never any traffic out here on Perdido Key anyway. Plus, you have the Florabama 2mins away from the Ono gate.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I've thought about living with my grandfather in Fairhope or my cousin in Foley, but I'd rather be closer than either of those locales. I'd think it's pretty common place to meet other SNFOs/SNAs during OCS so once we get to Pensacola we can go ahead and rent a decent place together.