• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Questions

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I am currently a junior at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. I have a 3.025 GPA majoring in Aviation Software Engineering. I want to fly jets for the Navy and go about being in the BDCP program. I have already talked to a recruiter and currently in the process of scheduling my ASTB test. I am not the greatest on standardized test any suggestions or comments on the test? Is the program very difficult to get accepted into? What happens after you get accepted into the program?

1. It's not that hard. Get the ARCO/Barrons/Cliff's book on Military aptitude tests and check out marinegouge.com
2. Varies each year, but, generally, yes.
3. You drink beer, piss excellence, don't suck, graduate college, go to OCS, commission, go to flight school, get winged, go to fleet, engage in hookers and blow throughout.

Nitekrawler

I have the ARCO book and have been studying pretty often so far! Thanks for advice. And help on some major things to look into (academics wise) rather then others?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I have the ARCO book and have been studying pretty often so far! Thanks for advice. And help on some major things to look into (academics wise) rather then others?

Study what you want to study and do well. These are all basic questions that have been covered COUNTLESS times on here. Have you read through the appropriate sections on this forum before posting these questions (ASTB/BDCP/OCS etc)?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I am not the greatest on standardized test any suggestions or comments on the test?

I'm terrible with standardized tests but I managed. Do drill sessions with the study books and practice the mathematical and algebraic basics since you can't use a calculator. Practicing with the study habits that best work for you is all you can do.

Is the program very difficult to get accepted into?

It took me two tries. It depends on the community and timing. You can always reapply with better stats, but the timing can bite you in the ass if you don't have much time in college left so start as early as possible. The waiting games can be killer in that respect.

What happens after you get accepted into the program?

What bogey said basically. Don't suck.

Nitekrawler

Well I'm kinda new on here, well very new and I have been on the OCS forum plenty of times and currently talking on the ASTB one now. Thx!

jakey

BDCP Question

Sorry about the last post it was really late. I applied for SWO and Supply Corps I have 3.65 GPA, 50 on my OAR and a good low on my PRT. What are my chances of getting picked up? I know this is a very competitive process.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Sorry about the last post it was really late. I applied for SWO and Supply Corps I have 3.65 GPA, 50 on my OAR and a good low on my PRT. What are my chances of getting picked up? I know this is a very competitive process.

42%, but only if you have a 3.66 GPA with a 50 OAR. Sorry to disappoint. ;)

On a side note, I should probably refrain from being a smart ass.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
No one will be able to furnish an answer for you, jakey, because each time the selection boards meet, circumstances will be different.
However, as frequently is repeated on this board, your chances of acceptance are ZERO until you apply.

So apply.

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
jakey said:
I applied for SWO and Supply Corps
His application is already in.

jakey, why do you care what a bunch of internet people who haven't seen your application say about your chances? None of us has any idea, especially since you gave almost no information. Patience, in a few weeks the only people who matter will tell you whether you get in or not.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Your GPA is very good. Before I went to OCS, I worked at NRD New England for a month or two answering the phone asking questions about things like GPA. Yours is higher than the vast majority of callers. I don't know what the numbers look like for actual applicants, however.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hey, does anyone know how competitive it is to get into EOD through BDCP?
Very! EOD through a straight OCS contract is very hard. Throw in the investment of tens of thousands of dollars and the risk the guy won't be physically up to it on graduation and the competitiveness goes way up. Only way you will know for sure though is to see a recruiter and run it up the flag pole.

sbfighter

So obviously the Navy will want a return on their investment if you go the BDCP route - my question is, for the individual who wants nothing more than to fly (and not to learn so he can fly for JetBlue for the rest of his life) as a navy pilot, what's the best way to do that? I can keep paying for college, and then apply to OCS with aviator as my desired community, and if I am not accepted, no harm done... apply again or take another direction in life... but if I do BDCP, how much control will I have on being sent to OCS as an aviator?

(and if I'm totally wrong on these processes, feel free to correct me... I'd love to hear it)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So obviously the Navy will want a return on their investment if you go the BDCP route - my question is, for the individual who wants nothing more than to fly (and not to learn so he can fly for JetBlue for the rest of his life) as a navy pilot, what's the best way to do that? I can keep paying for college, and then apply to OCS with aviator as my desired community, and if I am not accepted, no harm done... apply again or take another direction in life... but if I do BDCP, how much control will I have on being sent to OCS as an aviator?

(and if I'm totally wrong on these processes, feel free to correct me... I'd love to hear it)

BDCP guarantees your training. Apply for pilot, get accepted for pilot and you WILL go to pilot training. Same goes with any other warfare option. If you don't get accepted keep reapplying until you are too old or get the hint. A straight OCS app works the same way but without the pay check.