• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Questions

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
with all due respect sir, I am prior Coast Guard and I worked extremely hard my entire lifeand I am paying University of Miami tuition by myself and supporting my little brother, while carrying another job to help keep my family fed and stay in school until I graduate. I am not sitting around and drinking beers because I dont have the luxury to. all this being said, I am still managing to keep a very high GPA and stay physically fit. I love my country and getting selected for this is one of the best things I have ever accomplished, so I am not taking anything for granted.

Good for you. That is something to be proud of. But none of that has anything to do with your military status, which is lower then whale sh!t. Bogey gave you the gouge. Use that when you have to explain to other military folks. To everyone else, it just doesn't matter. You have been a good student, fine citizen and a patriot. But you have done nothing in the Navy worth noting.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I never said it mattered to anyone else. If you had read the previous post, I had explained that I needed to explain my status to a member of another branch and that was it. there is no need for that kind of disrespect. learn some manners!

Um.... perhaps you'd better check yourself when speaking to a CDR....especially one who is a former recruiter (since his experience, you know,...directly applies to your situation)!

If you get this worked up over something on the internet, what are you going to do in the Navy when you have someone tell you to pull your head out of your ass? You need to thicken your skin a little bit. You made an assumption, I told you, politely, that it was pretty much wrong. Wink backed me up and corroborated my assessment, and you get butt-hurt over the consensus? If multiple people (with experience) tell you something you don't like, it's not disrespect. It's probably true.

egolnick

First of all. I didn't assume anything. I was merely asking a question. Second, I was half kidding. Thirdly I apologize to both wink and you, I think this whole thing got way out of hand. Guess curiosity killed the cat, next time I am just going to ask the OPO if I have any pressing issues.

BackOrdered

Contributor
You are active duty E-3 (college program officer candidate) assigned to your local NRD.

^This is a good response to anyone that asks.

To all BDCPers, just make sure you keep a distinction between collegiate accomplishment and military accomplishment. They are two completely different things.

egolnick

I want to apologize again to Wink and bogey. I was completely out of line last night, and you guys were just trying to help. I had no Idea that you were a superior officer Wink, Or I Of course would have never even said anything. Please except my sincere apology.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I want to apologize again to Wink and bogey. I was completely out of line last night, and you guys were just trying to help. I had no Idea that you were a superior officer Wink, Or I Of course would have never even said anything. Please except my sincere apology.
No worries.

We have witnessed education and the beginnings of wisdom here. Move along now. Nothing left to see.

jakey

Bdcp

I just submitted my package. I am applying for SWO and Supply Core. I am currently getting a Business Mangement Degree have 6 years prior service. I passes my PRT Good low still a little out of shape getting their though. I took the OAR and scored a 50.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I just submitted my package. I am applying for SWO and Supply Core. I am currently getting a Business Mangement Degree have 6 years prior service. I passes my PRT Good low still a little out of shape getting their though. I took the OAR and scored a 50.

First of all, proofread. This gets annoying after a while. It may help to know how to spell the community that you are applying to be a part of.

Second, do you have a particular question, or were you just posting this for no particular reason?

Either way, best of luck at the boards.

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot

Wonderful typing. You are officially over-qualified for SWO, you'd better hope that that "supply core" thing works out for you.