• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP MEPS Evaluation?

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Lies.

But then, I go to school in Bumblefuck, PA, which gets miserably cold. I don't think I'd want a bike up here.

Just get one of these guys...

monotracer.jpg

GAG-E

ironically i've been thinking about a CBR for some time, i like the feel of the bike and cars suck

maybe i should wait until BDCP to continue that

also i'm talking to an OR now, so i'll be sure to ask about MEPS, but thanks for your stories, looking forward to piss test

pmasters

Ha, my MEPS was myself, a JAG applicant, and about 60 18 year olds going enlisted. The doctor who examined me was discussing FDR policies from personal experience, no joke. He was politically active during the 1940s.

And I shall echo the others, MEPS is a lot of hurry-up-and-wait. Please be sure you have:

1) urinated in public, if you're gun-shy
2) don't have any major problems with your leg muscles - the duck walks (ect) will weed this out
3) have printed out all your prior medical record. For me this was as easy as asking the pediatrician's office, for older folks it might be more complicated. If you think there are any issues, it might be a good idea to request all these records just to be safe. Remember, the Navy is picky about medical conditions.
4) Bring reading material. If you go to a high inflow MEPS (Fort Dix for me) there's a ton of people, and you will HURRY up to wait. Might as well have something to occupy your time.

Beyond that, MEPS isn't much more than an obscenely long physical. There's Vision, Height/Weight/Flexibility, Blood test, a piss-test, and a doctor consultation with possibility of prostate exam. (Correct me if I missed anything, this was a while ago.) All this took about 8 hours for me.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
ironically i've been thinking about a CBR for some time, i like the feel of the bike and cars suck

maybe i should wait until BDCP to continue that

also i'm talking to an OR now, so i'll be sure to ask about MEPS, but thanks for your stories, looking forward to piss test

CBRs are sick. That's most likely my next bike, I just wish I could get the european edition over here, it has the sickest color scheme. From 2009 that is (the blue, white and black one). Deffinetly wait till your getting some good money from BDCP but also consider it might not be worth getting injured on a bike and losing your contract. Its a risk.

MEPS is cake, I was only nervous because my eyes suck. Somehow I passed so it's all good. For me (non-prior) I would even go as far as saying it was fun. I loved being around anything military, even if it was the disliked MEPS. You meet some intersting people as well.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I just heard you get pilot if you buy a bike and play volleyball.

I was about to sell mine around getting BDCP, then I remembered my friend who sold his bike in API, bought another one few months later in primary. plus its paid for, cheap to operate, and funnn

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
it might not be worth getting injured on a bike and losing your contract. Its a risk.

Very true, bout got me killed freshman year. I grew up racing dirt bikes for about 7 years and no matter how well you know your way around a bike, cant predict un-groomed streets or the morons that drive on then. defensive driving, very important

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
I was about to sell mine around getting BDCP, then I remembered my friend who sold his bike in API, bought another one few months later in primary. plus its paid for, cheap to operate, and funnn

Gas milage on a bike owns. I'm selling mine before I go to OCS and buying a new one after. Plus you can get a badass bike for 10k. You can get a kia or geo for 10k in car land.

Very true, bout got me killed freshman year. I grew up racing dirt bikes for about 7 years and no matter how well you know your way around a bike, cant predict un-groomed streets or the morons that drive on then. defensive driving, very important

Truth.

I have had my moments as well. I just went down a month ago when I was riding one of my favorite roads. Comming around a bend there had been a rock slide and no matter how fast I tried to stop, as soon as my tires hit the dirt (I was in a steep lean going too fast) the bike shot out and launched me. I came out ok but you got to realize you take a big risk. But anyone going into the service already knows about risk.