• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP MEPS Evaluation?

GAG-E

Hey, I understand for BDCP you need to have a MEPS evaluation. For those who have gone through it, could you describe what it's like for me? Thanks.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It's a microcosm for Navy life: hurry up and wait. You'll be up at ball-O'clock to get there and sit on your ass for hours at a time while you wait with the rest of the cattle to be called to each station (ophthalmology, audiology, blood drawn, duckwalk/anthro, doc consult, piss test, etc etc).

Bring a book, wear NORMAL underwear, and chat with the other enlistees if you like to make the time pass. It's a long painful day of waiting, but certainly not the worst thing in the world. If you have ANY medical issues, bring with any applicable paperwork etc. Also very important is ENSURE that for each station you go to, that you tell the civilian that you are an OFFICER applicant, as the Officer physical tests are generally more in-depth and I had to re-do at least one or two of the stations so that I could finish up the few tests I missed since they thought I was an enlistee.

Grizzly

I just went through MEPS on 20091020 for the BDCP program, this was actually my second time. Otto describes it too a T, there is a lot of waiting and suffling around. Make sure you are clean too as you get the opportunity to bend over and spread em' with twice the fun as now they require a second person in the room during the medical exam. You pretty much get the same exam everyone else gets except you get a different colored folder or something.
If you are going for pilot you need a depth perception test that might be true for NFO too, also make sure you get fingerprinted for your background check. Anyways I'm sure your OR will set you straight on what you need to do, just make sure it is all taken care of before you walk out of the building, as they won't let you back in. Just do your best to blend in through the whole process.

Good Luck!

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
It's a microcosm for Navy life: hurry up and wait. You'll be up at ball-O'clock to get there and sit on your ass for hours at a time while you wait with the rest of the cattle to be called to each station (ophthalmology, audiology, blood drawn, duckwalk/anthro, doc consult, piss test, etc etc).

Bring a book, wear NORMAL underwear, and chat with the other enlistees if you like to make the time pass. It's a long painful day of waiting, but certainly not the worst thing in the world. If you have ANY medical issues, bring with any applicable paperwork etc. Also very important is ENSURE that for each station you go to, that you tell the civilian that you are an OFFICER applicant, as the Officer physical tests are generally more in-depth and I had to re-do at least one or two of the stations so that I could finish up the few tests I missed since they thought I was an enlistee.
I went to the same place as Otto a couple years later, and my experience was different. Because I didn't need the ASVAB, I was in a group of maybe 20 guys. Some were priors and some had already taken the test. Either way, I was out before noon. We shot the shit and while it isn't fun, it really wasn't bad at all.

As he says, make sure they know you're an officer applicant. Make sure you get what you need. Be polite, but firm if you know something is amiss. The only one there who truly cares about the future of your officer career is the guy in the mirror.

And drink a lot of water before you go unless you find it easy to pee while a guy in fatigues stares at your dick.

"Okay, now bend over and spread your cheeks"

acwildcat

pilot
The way it worked where I was they basically pointed out the stations and told people to get in line at whichever station they want. If you have the option I would definitely try and get the actual physical over first because that takes the longest and they can only take one person at a time as opposed to the other stations where they do 6-8 people. I was done by about 1pm so it really was not all that bad.

Grizzly

Nice profile pictures, does everyone who gets into the BDCP buy a bike? Anyways Acwildcat I should be contracting BDCP 2011 after my clearance goes through in about a week or two, what month do you graduate in 2011?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
MEPS try to go during the week. I was basically in there with 20 other guys and it was a breeze. Flt doc even took time to talk to me for a while about racing bikes and my life after I explain a few broken bones; oh and about my krazy designation as pilot he reffered to. I know the local army guys send buses of applicants there on sat. and basically the only guys I went to meps with were marines that were shippin to bootcamp.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
MEPS try to go during the week. I was basically in there with 20 other guys and it was a breeze. Flt doc even took time to talk to me for a while about racing bikes and my life after I explain a few broken bones; oh and about my krazy designation as pilot he reffered to. I know the local army guys send buses of applicants there on sat. and basically the only guys I went to meps with were marines that were shippin to bootcamp.

Every MEPS in each city is different.

1. I didn't get to "choose" my station. They told us where to go next.

2. I went on a day when the every branch, except maybe coast guard and AF, were shipping people off that day. Majority were Army and Navy being shipped out though. I went on a Wednesday and instead of the nice numbers everyone else experienced, I had about 300 people there with me. Me and another guy who is now through OCS, were the only two Officer Candidates there. You will get pulled through lines though once people realize you're an officer. Some of the enlisted guys will also tend to shy away from you for some reason after they realize it as well.

3. Wear clean underwear. A guy in our "underwear olympics" group did not and it was not a fun time for him.

4. Everyone's experience differs. Mine was hell, but I got through it and will never have to do it again. I didn't get done until about 3 or 4 pm and I got put up in a hotel nearby by the NRD, drove my own car and got there at 4 am and was at the front of the line.

So have fun!! :icon_smil

acwildcat

pilot
Nice profile pictures, does everyone who gets into the BDCP buy a bike? Anyways Acwildcat I should be contracting BDCP 2011 after my clearance goes through in about a week or two, what month do you graduate in 2011?

In my defense, I bought my first bike before I even knew BDCP existed. I graduate May 2011. What about you?

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Mine was hell, but I got through it and will never have to do it again. I didn't get done until about 3 or 4 pm and I got put up in a hotel nearby by the NRD, drove my own car and got there at 4 am and was at the front of the line.

So have fun!! :icon_smil

Damn. I guess I got lucky. I went on a Friday and there were only about 30 people. I was the only guy going the Officer route and so got to go to the front of most lines. I was expecting a long day, but was out after only about 3 hours. I called my recruiter at 9 am to see if I could drop off the paperwork and he thought something must be wrong - he couldn't believe I got out so quickly.

What I found kind of interesting was that the only people who were really rude there were the civilians. All the military guys were cracking jokes with us and laughing.