• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Base-Specific Forums

MasterBates

Or like a "Region"

Say, NAS JAX, Subbase Kings Bay, NS Mayport, NAVDEP St Augustine in one,

NAS Corpus, NAS Kingsville, NS Ingleside in another

NAS Pcola, NAS Whiting

NAS Oceana, NS Norfolk, NAB Little Creek

NAS North Island, NS Sandog/Pt Loma, Coronado, Miramar, Pendleton

Whidbey/Bremerton

Cherry Point, Beaufort

That covers most of CONUS, right?

phrogpilot73

Or like a "Region"

Say, NAS JAX, Subbase Kings Bay, NS Mayport, NAVDEP St Augustine in one,

NAS Corpus, NAS Kingsville, NS Ingleside in another

NAS Pcola, NAS Whiting

NAS Oceana, NS Norfolk, NAB Little Creek

NAS North Island, NS Sandog/Pt Loma, Coronado, Miramar, Pendleton

Whidbey/Bremerton

Cherry Point, Beaufort

That covers most of CONUS, right?
Yeah, but for the east coast USMC stuff, I would break it down:

Cherry Point, Lejeune, New River

Beaufort - Beaufort is all by itself (5 1/2-6 hours away)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, but for the east coast USMC stuff, I would break it down:

Cherry Point, Lejeune, New River

Beaufort - Beaufort is all by itself (5 1/2-6 hours away)
Curious, but what do you guys think about having something like this for the rest of the Navy? Or is this something you want to keep in your own little La La Land (yes, it's a real place, I looked it up)?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Curious, but what do you guys think about having something like this for the rest of the Navy? Or is this something you want to keep in your own little La La Land (yes, it's a real place, I looked it up)?
The reason I ask is for a couple of reasons:

1) This could easily be expanded into a very, very good resource for all branches. Think synergy people....synergy. :D

2) On the flipside, something like this WILL attract other branches, other communities to Airwarriors. Hell, you already have to put up with me. Do you really want all my SWO friends from Sailor Bob on AW's too?

phrogpilot73

The reason I ask is for a couple of reasons:

1) This could easily be expanded into a very, very good resource for all branches. Think synergy people....synergy. :D

2) On the flipside, something like this WILL attract other branches, other communities to Airwarriors. Hell, you already have to put up with me. Do you really want all my SWO friends from Sailor Bob on AW's too?
I agree that it will attract other branches, communities, etc... However, if the bulk of the forums remain Naval Aviation centric, then I don't think it will be a huge impact. Unless all the shoes try to get into a pissing contest with us ;)

I don't mind putting up with SWOs, hell - I married one! (And, she's an occasional lurker here)

helo_wifey

I like this main idea, as well as breaking it up via region.

As far as opening it up, in the long run would be good. Maybe when those sections are just starting out you can keep them just in AW to see how they fair? If they for some reason don't have useful information (or don't catch on right away), you haven't opened it up for others to see until they've been perfected. Does that make sense? Maybe not...:confused:

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
This could easily be expanded into a very, very good resource for all branches. Think synergy people....synergy. :D

If it gets this big can we call it "WannaGoFast's Base Resource Section"? Schnazzy right? I can see it now! Bright lights! Big City! I mean, hey, I like the notoriety. ;) haha :)

ok ok... rep pts will work too :)

phrogpilot73

RetreadRand said:
Why limit it?
I have been stationed on 3 AFBs, 2 Navy bases and 1 Army base.
If you are going to a SWO-Centric place or a joint command, any info is good info about the place you are going (even if it is from a shoe)
Good point, and I think that's why the geographical region might be best. Covering CONUS, Hawaii, Alaska, Overseas (perhaps break up overseas by CENTCOM, EUCOM, etc...)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I am all for it, seems like there is some "energy" here that is positive, and more ppl than I thought are interested in doing it. For now, guess go ahead and use this folder, and one of the admins or I can set up a seperate forum, and we can go from there.

phrogpilot73

I am all for it, seems like there is some "energy" here that is positive, and more ppl than I thought are interested in doing it. For now, guess go ahead and use this folder, and one of the admins or I can set up a seperate forum, and we can go from there.
Rep for John! (not like he needs it!)

helo_wifey

To the powers that be...

I have had 2 spouses in the past month ask me about Japan, and am now putting together a reference sheet (its pretty long :eek: ). I'd like to post it up not just for spouses but for others to see because it has general info about coming here (links, procedures, some personal accounts). Our squadron is going to be growing soon (up to 15 new pilots this year, and only 3-4 are leaving) and I would have liked to have some of this info before I came, but too stupid to know where to look. Any suggestions as to where I should put it? And if you want I can send it to someone before hand to look over and condense for the site.