• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Base-Specific Forums

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Webmaster, any chance of setting up a Base-location-specific forum? For instance, Pensacola (milton included or separate), Corpus, Kingsville, Meridian, Japan, Hawaii, Lemoore, etc...

This way, if we have a post regarding something local, we can post a thread in that forum...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Out of curiosity....

Why not just post it in the respective section of training? API=Pensacola, Primary=Milton/Corpus, etc.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Out of curiosity....

Why not just post it in the respective section of training? API=Pensacola, Primary=Milton/Corpus, etc.

well, i have been. but, if you post something in Advanced Jets like "hey anyone in kingsville up for some flag football" or something... then you'll get people saying "hey put that in misc or warzone" or you might get a bunch of meridian dudes looking at it and wasting their time.

anyway, just a thought/suggestion...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
well, i have been. but, if you post something in Advanced Jets like "hey anyone in kingsville up for some flag football" or something... then you'll get people saying "hey put that in misc or warzone" or you might get a bunch of meridian dudes looking at it and wasting their time.

anyway, just a thought/suggestion...

That's because that kind of discussion is War Zone material. The Advanced Jets forum, as you used as an example, is for training in Advanced Jets, not setting up play dates.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's because that kind of discussion is War Zone material. The Advanced Jets forum, as you used as an example, is for training in Advanced Jets, not setting up play dates.
And hence why he wants a subforum for each base.

phrogpilot73

Out of curiosity....

Actually, I think that a separate forum might be a good idea... Think of all the information on places to look for housing, schools, etc. that could be posted. It would be a way to share information on future/past duty stations that would be helpful. I would argue that a LT coming to P-cola as an instructor is going to have specific questions that a student coming for API would not. Just my $.02

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Actually, I think that a separate forum might be a good idea... Think of all the information on places to look for housing, schools, etc. that could be posted. It would be a way to share information on future/past duty stations that would be helpful. I would argue that a LT coming to P-cola as an instructor is going to have specific questions that a student coming for API would not. Just my $.02

AGREE

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

How about just a Base forum with some sticky's for some really common ones, like Pensacola, Kingsville and Whidbey etc?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd be interested in a Corpus specific sub-forum, so yes, I will tag along with this band wagon and demand more, MORE, MORE!!!!

(and how do I contribute again?)

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm about to move and would be able to use a forum like this for choosing where to live. I think other people would find it useful as well.

phrogpilot73

If you make one for every individual base it is going to take you an hour to scroll down the page.
I think something more along the lines of East Coast/West Coast/Hawaii/Overseas and then you could post Base Specific stuff, and based on the quality make them Sticky... That would be helpful, don't you think?