• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-2 Designer On Trial For Spying

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
American federal prosecutors revealed that they are trying an Indian born American citizen, Noshir S. Gowadia, on charges of spying for China. Gowadia is alleged to have sold China details of the B-2 bombers engine exhaust system. This technology makes it more difficult for heat sensors (like heat seeking missiles) to detect the exhaust of the B-2 engines. Gowadia is also alleged to have helped Chinese engineers apply this technology to the design of a stealthy cruise missile. The secrets Gowadia sold would also make it easier for the Chinese to detect a B-2 bomber. Gowadia is supposed to have helped China with other matters relating to stealth technology.

Gowadia has apparently been running a Hawaii based spy ring since 1999, and made six clandestine trips to China. Gowadia worked on the B-2 project from 1968 to 1986, as one of the designers. Gowadia was arrested a year ago, and his trial will begin next Summer. He could get life in prison if convicted.
Geez, no wonder they retired the Nighthawk.

Technology Transfer to the Enemy

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Uhhh.....isn't the Nighthawk, aka the "stealth fighter", the F-117? I thought that they were retired and the B-2s were left in service.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sold, huh? Fvcking coward. He didn't even do it for something he believed in, wrong though it may have been.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I know that the difference between the nighthawk and the spirit. I was hinting at the fact that the Nighthawk is older than the B-2 and if the B-2 is compromised its no big leap to see the nighthawk being even more "gasp" obsolete.

@ Scoob: **** like this pisses me the FVCK off.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Historically, that has almost exclusively been the motive for Americans who spy on America.

Brett

Which is why having Alcee Hastings as head of the House Intelligence community is a terrrrrrrrrible idea

Lawman

None
So what ever happened to executing spies as traitors? I mean seriously this is one of the last crimes other then Murder where a civilian can be punished with excecution, so why the hell dont we do it? Please, discuss...

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
So what ever happened to executing spies as traitors? I mean seriously this is one of the last crimes other then Murder where a civilian can be punished with excecution, so why the hell dont we do it? Please, discuss...

Because the liberals in this country don't have the stomach for that sort of thing.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Because the liberals in this country don't have the stomach for that sort of thing.

That, and nationalism is soooooo out of style these days. Post-modernism is not down with executing citizens for treason.

Lawman

None
Damn my countrymen and government for lacking the strength of character or the moral discipline to do what is necessary and punish our enemies.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Yes, these are slightly different topics, but let's all remember we JUST had a death penalty thread.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

I was wondering the exact same thing and completely agree......WTF?