• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B-2 Designer On Trial For Spying

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
i've seen all of that service life info too. those numbers are just when the airframe is estimated to last. obviously the f-117's are not being retired because their airframes are not airworthy. an aircraft can be retired before it's "service life" expires. the article i read was probably inaccurate... but it simply said that there was no justification for spending the billions of dollars on the b-2 when there wasn't a need, and that it was planned to be put in davis montham's boneyard. may not be true...

I don't think it would be viable to put the B-2's in the boneyard anyways. From what I read they need to be stored in hangars to protect their radar absorbing skin.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I have no problem, and I believe most Americans feel the same, with executing a spy who has cost American lives, especially in wartime. Sometimes we have to make the hard decision and let that person live....cough....Walker.....cough....but that is a decision that I trust the prosecutors to make.

Here you are wrong. Most Americans would NOT be OK with executing spies. They have a hard enough time executing murders directly linked to their kills. Handing over information is a much more tenuous link to the damage caused. Most Americans wouldn't be able to swallow that.

If you find a poll that says otherwise, I'm all ears. But then again a good pollster can make a poll say anything by changing around the wording of the question.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
I read an article in our local newspaper that the B-2 was planned to be put into the boneyard

Trust me, if the B-2 was going to be retired you wouldn't be reading about it in just "The podunk times", talking NY times, USA today, etc, etc.

Just remember the hoopla sorrounding that article some oregon paper threw in a few months ago saying the F-14 was going to deploy with CVW-8 for the Lebanon shennanigans.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just remember the hoopla sorrounding that article some oregon paper threw in a few months ago saying the F-14 was going to deploy with CVW-8 for the Lebanon shennanigans.
I just hope the "Farewell Prowler" thread attracts as much attention when it comes along. :D

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Weren't the Rosenbergs the last ones in the U.S. to be executed for treason? In my opinion, Aldrich Ames should have been the poster child for capital punishment.

Negative. This is a leftist myth. They were sentenced to death for conspiracy to commit espionage, which is only a capital punishment in wartime.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just hope the "Farewell Prowler" thread attracts as much attention when it comes along. :D

The sentiment will be closer to "good riddence" than teary-eyed lamentations of the "good old days." :D

Brett