• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

aviation summer cruise mishaps

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Harrier Dude said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'm sure that, as pilot in command of what was sure to be a high vis VIP boondoggle, he won't be held accountable by some senior officer for the class B damage to his jet. I think that OPNAV says something about the PIC being in charge of his craft except for when VIPs are on board. Hope his skipper and CAG by that one.

The only times the PIC isn't fully responsible is when the officer in tactical command is embarked, e.g. the unit commander is in the bird giving you an order. The other case is when a line flag officer ("line" meaning not the head chaplain of the Navy or something) is on board and giving you an order.

Mishaps are funny. Funny odd, not funny ha ha. Sometimes someone gets hung by the nutsack for inconsequential or irrelevant BS, othertimes someone clearly in the wrong ends up smelling like a rose. I've unfortunately seen that silver oak leaves or breasts help deflect criticism and blame. I have neither, so am fortunate to have not needed said protection.:icon_drin

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
My dad's been to Korea many a times... you'd be surprised how handy being able to write those two things is...:D
I think that kind of flat spin requires the use of some sort of suspended basket contraption - or so I've heard. :D

Brett

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Lawman said:
I cant tell you the number of times Ive thrown out a Blues Brothers quote at Kent State only to be met with confused looks. Savages....

While at SERE School recently I threw out the "So we got that going for us, which is nice" quote. Got a bunch of RCA dog looks from the mass of ensigns and JGs. I said "Come on people, Caddyshack?" One guy piped up "Oh yeah, my dad likes that movie." I told him I had belly button lint in the drawer next to my bed older than him, and to never open his mouth again.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I think that kind of flat spin requires the use of some sort of suspended basket contraption - or so I've heard. :D

Brett
In that case, you need to know how to write it in Thai instead of Korean. :D