• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Greens

TyKing

pilot
Are Aviation greens back?

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Are Aviation greens back?

I wish they were. What a great looking uniform!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This again. It seems as though subject is on a 5 year loop. Anyone else get that feeling?

In all seriousness, what’s up with the guy in greens? Is this a “technique only” moment, or was there more to it?

GroundPounder

This again. It seems as though subject is on a 5 year loop. Anyone else get that feeling?

In all seriousness, what’s up with the guy in greens? Is this a “technique only” moment, or was there more to it?
There was a former member of this site who had a pretty robust attempt ongoing to have them reauthorized officially.

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
Ribbons on Aviation Greens were never a thing. Looks awful.
There are plenty of pictures from the 40s/50s of pilots in greens with ribbons. Certainly in its final iteration from the 60s to death, it was a working uniform with no ribbons, but historically it had some more fluidity.

That said, I hate the look of a service dress version of aviation greens in these photos. I’d love to have a modular working uniform that isn’t nwus (navy in green camo is dumb) or flight suit. But why would I want yet another service or higher uniform?

Duc'-guy25

pilot
There are plenty of pictures from the 40s/50s of pilots in greens with ribbons. Certainly in its final iteration from the 60s to death, it was a working uniform with no ribbons, but historically it had some more fluidity.

That said, I hate the look of a service dress version of aviation greens in these photos. I’d love to have a modular working uniform that isn’t nwus (navy in green camo is dumb) or flight suit. But why would I want yet another service or higher uniform?
They should make the camo blue to reflect naval heritage.

Give me a NAM for that idea.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Were sewed wings required on the AWGs? I feel like metal wings look better, imo.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Tron’s a good bro. Glad he called his shot for his change of command. Fuck all the haters.