• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation Greens

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WW2? Atlantic/ETO?
It was Ernie King’s pet rock. He wanted a year-round service uniform and didn’t think SDKs were appropriate, for whatever reason. He was kind of an odd duck.

Nimitz hated the grays and refused to wear them, incidentally. He met up with King at a conference in San Fran in 1942, wearing his khakis and King wearing the grays. At some point a reporter told King to get out of the way, thinking he was a cab driver, so he could get a picture of Admiral Nimitz.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Were sewed wings required on the AWGs? I feel like metal wings look better, imo.

No, but they looked good.

I've met and actually seen a few Old timers (they would have been O-5+ when I was a MIDN in the early 2000s) who had the sewn ones on SDB's even for what it's worth.

The sewn ones I have were sewed onto a black felt backing with your standard bins on the back, so they got worn with greens and SDB's.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Your ability to have the perfect picture for every post is unparalleled. :cool:
Years.

Of.

Academy.

Training.

…regarding not listening to the wife unit telling me I have too many pics on my phone and that I need to shit can 99% of them.