• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automatic Ding from

IBvsSNA

What automatically disqualifies you from becoming a Navy Officer and an SNA after undergrad? Prior illegal drug use? Prescribed drugs? Criminal record? GPA below 3.0?

I understand that this is probably a ridiculous post, but I am curious to know what automatically dings a candidate.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
the only thing that will automatically disqual you everytime is not trying

(im being serious)

There are people in the pipeline with all those examples above

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Okay, you have confused me. So, there are people with a 2.4, former coke addiction, arson conviction, and bad credit that are in the pipeline? Or, do you mean there is one guy who had a 2.4, another who had a coke addiction, someone else with an arson conviction, and so and so with bad credit all the pipeline?

joshmf

Just some advice based on your user ID- no one likes working on Wall Street, and basically every pilot I've talked to loves their job. You have plenty of time to make money, so do something fun for a while.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
A couple of my friends who went to erau with me are 100K+ in debt. Both of them are close to getting their wings.

nugget81

pilot
Basically they look at the whole package. The more red flags you have, the harder it will be to get in. Once you're in, you're in (unless you lied on your application and they find out).

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Anyway to counter balance the red flags? Not by lying but taking additional classes if you have a low GPA, getting involved with a community group if you weren't that active in college, or registering for credit counseling.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I can only speak about the drug issue. Marijuana a few times is not a big deal. Just write a letter talking about the incidences and how you'll never do it again. Anything more than marijuana is pretty much DQ for aviation (I wish I could find the screening sheet I read this on, but the internet is vast, and I read this years ago when I was looking for it so this is conjecture until I can prove it). Also, any kind of drug/alcohol dependence is a HUGE problem for aviation. The other two shouldn't be show-stoppers, although criminal issues are a LOT worse than debt or financial issues.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Felonies and drug abuse beyond weed are pretty sure show-stoppers. Working on Wall Street, eh? Yea, you should stay away from those coke parties.