• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automatic Ding from

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Cuz a 2.97 and a 3.1 aren't that competitive. I'm good when it comes to the criminal stuff but the credit history is what's scaring me. I've skipped monthly payments before; presently, I am all current with my cards but I had a charge off back in 01. Then, you add all of my school loans, I'm worried about how that will reflect.

So, if knowing that there are people will four strikes against them getting on board then I'd feel a heap of a lot better.

The security questionnaire asks two separate questions if you were ever 180 days/90 days deliquent on a debt. It also asks if you are over X amount in debt, although I can't remember what that amount is because I'm under it. If you answer yes, I imagine they want you to explain it. Saying that you have a lot of student loans isn't going to hold you back. They want to make sure you're not in the hole to the mafia because of gambling where you'd be tempted to sell national secrets to a terrorist organization for cash or some crazy shit.

2.97 and 3.1 aren't "omg what a great GPA!", but they aren't terrible, either. Once upon a time I was trying to get into med school, so I thought my 3.6 GPA was worse than it actually was.

MasterBates

I was in debt more than you. I got in a hell of a lot more trouble than you, and for damn sure drank more than you.

Apply. You should be fine. Worst they can say is no.

Nose

pilot
All officers period need to have at least secret eligibility for commisioning.

Well, maybe times have changed, but had two guys in my squadron who didn't have clearances. One was married to a russian and I'm not sure what was up with the other.

As discussed earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure there is nothing that is an absolute show stopper. It's the Navy - everything is waiverable. Hooks instead of hands, heart defects, criminal records, etc.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
How the hell do you go over 100k in debt in college? I guess we got some doctors in the house. Or a lot of Ivy League grads without scholarships. I thought my 20k was bad from paying for civilian flight and tuition. And that included a commercial/instrument license.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Considering the Navy paid close to 160K for me to go to school, it's not surprising that there are people out there with more than 100K in debt. Damn you University of Michigan with your pride in being the most expensive public university in America...