• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

Lucy

Not anymore. Official changes to the manual in April/May (although the changes were started last fall for some designators actually) made it either 6+ months out for BDCP, or already have your degree for DA. Probably changed to help slow the number of apps coming in, and to minimize the confusion of when people can and cannot go to OCS based on graduation dates.

Tonkovich.J

Not anymore. Official changes to the manual in April/May (although the changes were started last fall for some designators actually) made it either 6+ months out for BDCP, or already have your degree for DA. Probably changed to help slow the number of apps coming in, and to minimize the confusion of when people can and cannot go to OCS based on graduation dates.

So if there is a board in the spring would I be rejected again because I wouldn't have my degree until May?

fridgeharmonics

pro rec'd SNA; OCS 29 July
21/f
7/7/6 62
2.9 Genetics, minors in math and chemistry (Texas A&M)
LOR, professors
Active in sorority and volunteer work

I won't graduate until May 2012.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Can i vent without having a jackass like yourself try and drop knowledge...

Im not a big fan either of just an N for the status. I would like some kind of a reason..Maybe they didnt have an opening for me to go to OCS before i hit 29?
And i wasnt talking before about an appeal, on the 1420.1b instruction there is a way to apply for a reconsideration within 6 months.. Anybody know anything about that?

This "jackass" has a lot of helpful information to provide you if you're willing to listen. I was prior enlisted Army, and I had to jump through a shit ton of hoops to get to the point I am today. That is, I am currently a commissioned officer and I'm in the flight training program, doing what you would like to be doing. I also have looked in to flying for the Army, so I can help you with that route if you're particularly interested.

My point to my previous post was this: If you're going to vent, go have a drink with some friends and have them pat you on the back and tell you it'll be okay. If you come in here complaining about the process, and telling us that we're full of it because we say that "Grades aren't everything." Like I said. . .we've been there before, I was limited on time too and I had shitty grades. This board is here to support you in your quest to become a Naval Officer. If you don't want advice, don't come on here complaining. ESPECIALLY don't call a commissioned officer a jackass. I'm sure you wouldn't do it to my face, and though I don't expect you to call me sir on here, or type at the position of attention, I do expect that you would at least be courteous and respectful. If you're going to be disrespectful, I'm going to call it like I see it . . . hence my comments about your playing the blame game. If you want any help, advice, or encouragement . . . or if you want to further insult me, please feel free to do so via P.M. I'd be more than happy to have a civil discourse with you.

Lucy

Tonkovich- That is how it reads. Not sure if exceptions are made or what though, especially since it seems some people have gotten "kicked back" for not being finished, while others seem to get through. Just recently found out my Nov app was a NS because I hadn't finished yet.

Seems to be somewhat a luck of the draw whether the degree completion will mean non-select or select. Might be they have implemented a limit to the number of selects per board/FY who don't have degrees yet since they are not as easy to schedule.

ahoward10

pilot
Millsra are you still out there or half way to Rhode Island already?

I wanted to see if you could shed some light on the alternate list. I was told by my OR that there are 25 or so names on the list and they may start picking off that list after the October 24th deadline for you lucky Pro-Rec'd folks. I don't know if I'm first or last, but do you know anything about the rationale behind the number of alternates they selected or if it's just an arbitrary (and large?) number? Basically I've heard nothing about alternates for SNA in the past so just looking for any ideas.

Thanks for all your help in this LONG process and it's awesome to hear you got picked up, congrats!!

Congrats to everyone else, but I'm sure you don't want to be Naval Aviators, you might as well just tell your ORs no today!! ;)

I'm no millsra, but I did have my dad (Navy Captain) call NRD dallas to shed some light on the matter. I was selected alternate as well. From my understanding, which seems to be correct, we (both primary alternate and secondary) still need to finish all of our paperwork as if we had been Pro-Rec'd BY 24OCT2011 and be ready to go. Talk to you recruiter about doing that for you. Also, the way we may be chosen is based on a first come first serve type of deal. So if you get your paperwork in by 26SEP2011 and some other joe shmo gets his in the day after and a slot opens up, you'll get the first option to leave. Obviously primary alternates will have first choice, but secondary alternates may still be in the running! There were for sure 85 pro recs, 28 primary alternates and I believe 18 "secondary" alternates. I saw the list myself and counted those numbers, for what it's worth. I've been on the phone all day talking to people about this, but take my advice with a grain of salt, I suppose.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
I'm no millsra, but I did have my dad (Navy Captain) call NRD dallas to shed some light on the matter. I was selected alternate as well. From my understanding, which seems to be correct, we (both primary alternate and secondary) still need to finish all of our paperwork as if we had been Pro-Rec'd BY 24OCT2011 and be ready to go. Talk to you recruiter about doing that for you. Also, the way we may be chosen is based on a first come first serve type of deal. So if you get your paperwork in by 26SEP2011 and some other joe shmo gets his in the day after and a slot opens up, you'll get the first option to leave. Obviously primary alternates will have first choice, but secondary alternates may still be in the running! There were for sure 85 pro recs, 28 primary alternates and I believe 18 "secondary" alternates. I saw the list myself and counted those numbers, for what it's worth. I've been on the phone all day talking to people about this, but take my advice with a grain of salt, I suppose.
I got the same info about the paperwork from my processor. We did my SF86 already, and I need to get to MEPS next, hopefully this week. But is there any other things I need to get done.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
21/f
7/7/6 62
2.9 Genetics, minors in math and chemistry (Texas A&M)
LOR, professors
Active in sorority and volunteer work

I won't graduate until May 2012.

Interesting that you were able to get a pro-rec before graduation and that other guy wasn't. What community picked you up?

dejalon

Hey question for the experts...I know getting Pro-rec'd is the first piece of the puzzle, but when can we realistically expect to head to OCS?

mjv305

ENS SNA
There is constructive criticism like what Millsra and Allamerican posted and there is non constructive criticism that pisses people off and is completely unecssary and unhelpful..

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
There is constructive criticism like what Millsra and Allamerican posted and there is non constructive criticism that pisses people off and is completely unecssary and unhelpful..

I can only assume you were referencing my post since EAS told you to contact him via PM. I will gladly do the same. If you have a problem with what I have posted by all means contact me via PM and we can chat.

Sorry for the thread jack everyone.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Hey question for the experts...I know getting Pro-rec'd is the first piece of the puzzle, but when can we realistically expect to head to OCS?
They offered me 3 dates today: the end of Oct (forgot the date), Nov. 27th, and Jan 22nd(I think). I took the Nov. 27th Date. Obviously the fleet guys get dates quicker because their medical and security screening is usually complete before they apply, but I wouldn't expect dates too far off from those. I am coming up on the age limit next year so they tried to get me an early date and they will do the same for everyone else who is close.

Diesel Fox

I was "tabled". I've done some searching for clarification, but it seems like it doesn't happen often. I'm just happy to be back in the game, as I've had a somewhat unique journey getting to this board. Any input?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I took the Nov. 27th Date.

If all goes well this is the date I am hoping for as well... Probably October 30th is the date you are thinking of... There are two dates in October and I don't think they could get you into the October 9th date...

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
If all goes well this is the date I am hoping for as well... Probably October 30th is the date you are thinking of... There are two dates in October and I don't think they could get you into the October 9th date...

Yep, that was it. I remember it was at the end of Oct., but I couldn't remember the exact date. Good luck on getting Nov. 27th, they told me they still had a few spots left so you shouldn't have any problems there.