• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Don't burn any bridges. Give it until tomorrow, Monday the latest. Then be insistent that it's out and that other people have found out..but in a respectful way.
It is entirely possible and definitely not unheard of to not get the word yet.

There are ways around it..like calling another OR or the NRD but give it a bit before jumping the chain, welcome to the Navy.

aodell

TW-2
Primary Alternate means you are an alternate for FY12 Quotas, secondary alternate means you are an alternate for FY13 Quotas. I know absolutely nothing more about it, but I'm not suprised your recruiter didn't know about it. I just found out and I've been in recruiting for 2 years.(The OCS processor didn't know what it meant either, which was why the fleet results were delayed an hour; he thought it was a mistake to have two alternate lists)

Millsra, do you happen to know if, for some strange reason, all of the Primaries get used up and they need people for FY12 seats, they would bring in the other alternates? I know you just found out about it, so no biggie if you don't know.

Also, forgot to say congrats to all of you who have been pro-rec'd!! I've only waited for 6 months, I can imagine how good some of you must feel having waited for as long as you have.

ADev

Pro Rec SNA!
Pro Rec!

Hey everyone, I've been stalking this thread since page 17 and got the thumbs up from my recruiter this afternoon. I started this process in Feb 2010 and I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am right now. Here are my stats:

25/M - 65 7/8/8
3.3 University of Florida - BS Economics and International Relations
5 LOR's - 2 Army Colonels; 1 retired, 1 currently working with SOCOM, Congressman, Priest, Lawyer
Various extra curriculars, international internships, etc.

This was my second time at the boards and I would like to think my statement added some points.

Thanks Millsra for all the insider info and CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PRO RECS!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL HOPEFULS!!! I've wanted this all my life and can't wait to buy you all a round in Newport!!

shutout39

pilot
Question: I called my OR a couple of hours after the list was released to get the word. She confidently said that the list hadn't been released yet. It obviously has been. I live in Connecticut. Is there any reason why my processor wouldn't have gotten word? Are they just being lazy/slow? I hope I don't have to spend the weekend in the dark, especially knowing that this list is out there...SOMEWHERE

-Impatient.

If you went through NRD New England, I am in the same boat (as are a few others I know of). My recruiter called me back and said he checked and the results were not out. This was at 6pm today so he said he'll call in the AM if something changes. Just wanted you to know youre not the only one!

scarfus

FS SNA, March 25th OCS
I'm in the same boat. Just remember how long we've been waiting...what's one or two (or five) more days?

Good luck

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Millsra, do you happen to know if, for some strange reason, all of the Primaries get used up and they need people for FY12 seats, they would bring in the other alternates? I know you just found out about it, so no biggie if you don't know.

Also, forgot to say congrats to all of you who have been pro-rec'd!! I've only waited for 6 months, I can imagine how good some of you must feel having waited for as long as you have.

I honestly can't say for sure, but it would make sense to me. Worst case scenario, it will definitely help your package next SNA board!

ruby416

I honestly can't say for sure, but it would make sense to me. Worst case scenario, it will definitely help your package next SNA board!
Millsra, do you know anything about the age waiver? My package is in the system but without an age waiver, which I need one for supply board. Thank you for your help!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Millsra, do you know anything about the age waiver? My package is in the system but without an age waiver, which I need one for supply board. Thank you for your help!
I'm not sure about supply, but I know for SNA I had to contact Pers 43 and request an age waiver. I would probably call the Supply shop at Pers and ask them if they require something similar. Their number should be on the NPC website.

ruby416

I'm not sure about supply, but I know for SNA I had to contact Pers 43 and request an age waiver. I would probably call the Supply shop at Pers and ask them if they require something similar. There number should be on the NPC website.
Thanks for the info, but I didnt find any information about how to abtain an age waiver in OPNAV 1420.1B. What do you mean by Pers 43? Should I conact the community manager of supply on the NPC website? Thank you.

Question: I called my OR a couple of hours after the list was released to get the word. She confidently said that the list hadn't been released yet. It obviously has been. I live in Connecticut. Is there any reason why my processor wouldn't have gotten word? Are they just being lazy/slow? I hope I don't have to spend the weekend in the dark, especially knowing that this list is out there...SOMEWHERE

-Impatient.
Where is your OR's office?

fridgeharmonics

pro rec'd SNA; OCS 29 July
My OR didn't even know about the results being released. He told me he would call me back if he got any news, but never called. Hopefully something will happen tomorrow and I will get an answer.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
It's not in the 1420, I almost didn't include it in my package but the processor here told me about it. NPC is broken down into different "departments", Pers 43 is the aviation department, not sure what supply is, but I'm sure it would be fairly easy to figure out once you're on the NPC site. Yes, I would call the community manager if no other number is listed for supply. They will probably refer you to a civilian to take care of it.

Christopher Allen

-Impatient.
I'm in the same boat as you. My OR in Boston said the same thing.