• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

@ Croakerfish - Marmoset is right. The Navy has its own formula for calculating GPA. If the credits earned to obtain your bachelor's degree is all the credits you have, then the GPA that you graduated with is what the board will see. If you have a master's degree, or additional classes that were taken after you received your degree, then the Navy has a formula that calculates the "worth" of the extra classes in comparison to what you had for your GPA. My situation is that I completed 1 out of 2 years of my master's degree, but decided not to finish it because I wanted to join the Navy (it's a long story, but I can explain it in PM if you really want me to). My old OR told me that those year's worth of classes wouldn't count towards my GPA because I didn't finish. However, after I transferred my kit to my new OR, I told him about my situation and he thought that what my old OR told me was completely stupid and wrong. He showed me the formula, we plugged the numbers in, and it brought my GPA up by a decent amount. My undergrad GPA was 2.8, but with the added value of the year of my master's, it was raised to a 3.09, which looks much better than the prior, in my opinion. My current recruiter is also helping one of his recruits by having him take some easy classes at a local community college, so he can raise his GPA a little bit.

This went on longer than I expected, but basically, any classes or coursework completed after you obtain your degree can still be factored into your "Navy cumulative" GPA. Hope that helps.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
So what I'm saying is, we are some lucky folks to be on and have discovered Air Warriors. Many people don't even think about using the internet as a resource when applying for pilot the first time. They primitively rely solely on their OR every step of the way. As we all know not all OR's are hot shit. So all the NRD's across the country with over 300 applicants for this board.. We see a handful of stats from members on this forum, who for the last year or 6 months asked questions and got advice daily to improve their package. It's the Airwarrior users who have an advantage. That’s why we see a lot of high stats on here.
Obviously there are some hot shit people out there that all around have great packages. But I think what you see on air warriors is not a prediction of many applicants going up to the board. Most are probably first timers, and I’d imagine many who handed in their package back in March probably haven't touched it since. So although this is merely opinion based, being on this site and having gone through a board once without myself doing much research, and then coming on here, my package was overhauled immensely.

I agree with this completely. It is this way with a lot of competitive app processes. When I was applying for colleges like 4-5 years ago, college confidential users seemed to have a good bit higher than the average acceptance rates at the uber competitive schools. I have a feeling that if the acceptance rate for this board is around 30% overall that it will be considerably higher among AirWarriors regulars (especially having seen the stats in the this thread...a lot of these people will probably be among the first ones they choose if I had to guess). A lot of people probably will probably not even want to post their stats if they are not really confident after reading some stats of others on threads like this. And yeah, as far as Sonog's comments, while this board is seeing everyone that has put in a package for SNA since the November boards of last year, more than half of them were submitted back in March according to millstra, which is not to say it will not be a strong applicant field, but that this is unclear, particularly if most of the older packages that have been sitting around have not been updated. Either way, there is nothing left to do but hurry up and (anxiously) wait.

ruby416

"Rumor has it. 119 apps, 13 select 15 alternates."
This was someone posted at usnavyocs.com...... I really hope it is not true thou.....

egd33

pilot
Contributor
"Rumor has it. 119 apps, 13 select 15 alternates."
This was someone posted at usnavyocs.com...... I really hope it is not true thou.....

I am pretty sure that was in regard to the board go for some other designator and not pilot. Millstra already said there are 350ish apps for SNA and nyusn blog said there will be 127 selects.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

ruby416

I am pretty sure that was in regard to the board go for some other designator and not pilot. Millstra already said there are 350ish apps for SNA and nyusn blog said there will be 127 selects.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
egd33: My bad..... this is refers to Supply Corp.......

Lucy

Alternates are those who "fill" spots. Last year there were a lot of NFO alternates. Basically, instead of choosing the 10% over quota as standard to make-up for drops/NPQ/etc, they select alternates. Truthfully I think it is more "fair" than giving real pro-recs and then taking the pro-recs back when less than 10% doesn't commission.

fjauliveld

So.....Apparently there was a July Supply Board, and I was Pro Rec'd!!!! Thanks to everyone on here for all the insight and information.