• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

ruby416

Well at least not all of that is doomsday, the 25th is the normall cutoff, and generally fall boards are only selecting the "extras" for current FY, so being the only board for FY12 isn't too big of a deal. Any board after Oct would be selecting primarily for FY13 anyhow.
This was my first time apply, I am wondering if I should get a confirmation letter or something to "confirm" that they recieved my package? thanks

Lucy

Well my OR wasn't able to confirm about the SWO or Intel boards, or if my name was in the mix, so just gonna move forward to whenever the next board is, and be happily surprised if I get a call around the start of September.

Good luck everyone!

asomm1

Well my OR wasn't able to confirm about the SWO or Intel boards, or if my name was in the mix, so just gonna move forward to whenever the next board is, and be happily surprised if I get a call around the start of September.

Good luck everyone!
Lucy, did you hear Sept as a possible date for a release of a new board schedule?

dhinkle5

pilot
I talked to my OR today... He said that if you walk backwards for the next 5 days then you will be one of the 60 selected... He told me not to cheat them on this as "they will be watching." He also confirmed that no more boards will be held until they select for FY'13 which should happen sometime next October! :eek:
If they take 60 and they are looking at possibly 300...that's really not too bad of odds if you ask me!

Earlier reports from millsra said that they were taking closer to 110 or so. My recruiter also mentioned to me that the boards would be close to a 33% selection rate. 20% isn't bad. 33% is better.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
If they are taking 60 then they will do two boards because they have around 110-120 openings. The word from all the processors and folks up here in Millington is that they are only doing one board, so all 110-120 will be picked in August. I was looking at the previous board stats and 33% seems to be the average selection rate, but usually they only have 100 or so apps for each board so who knows what will happen. There's nothing we can do about it anyway, hopefully everyone got their packages in and now we just play the waiting game!

ruby416

If they are taking 60 then they will do two boards because they have around 110-120 openings. The word from all the processors and folks up here in Millington is that they are only doing one board, so all 110-120 will be picked in August. I was looking at the previous board stats and 33% seems to be the average selection rate, but usually they only have 100 or so apps for each board so who knows what will happen. There's nothing we can do about it anyway, hopefully everyone got their packages in and now we just play the waiting game!
Hi millsra13, do you have any idea about Supply board? How many applicants so far and normally what is the select rate for SC? thank you so much!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
ruby416-

You COC should tell you if you get selected or not, listen out for something about a week or two after the board. I think they send a message out, but if not your XO or CMC should be able to make a call and find out. As far as the supply board goes, I don't have too much info on that because that board isn't done here at CNRC like SNA/SNFO/SWO. I can get the quotas for you tomorrow, but as far as selection and all that, your guess is as good as mine.

ruby416

ruby416-

You COC should tell you if you get selected or not, listen out for something about a week or two after the board. I think they send a message out, but if not your XO or CMC should be able to make a call and find out. As far as the supply board goes, I don't have too much info on that because that board isn't done here at CNRC like SNA/SNFO/SWO. I can get the quotas for you tomorrow, but as far as selection and all that, your guess is as good as mine.
Thank you!! I got so much information here more than where I got from my NC! Another question: do you know if an applicant who has low GPA but with a master degree whould be more competitive than someone has bachelor degree with high GPA? Or these 2 are pretty much at the same level? Thanks!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Thank you!! I got so much information here more than where I got from my NC! Another question: do you know if an applicant who has low GPA but with a master degree whould be more competitive than someone has bachelor degree with high GPA? Or these 2 are pretty much at the same level? Thanks!

Bachelor degree is what the board is concerned with... A masters is like a ppl... Not necessary but certain doesn't hurt you... FYI my GPA wasn't that high...