• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

croakerfish

pilot
Bachelor degree is what the board is concerned with... A masters is like a ppl... Not necessary but certain doesn't hurt you... FYI my GPA wasn't that high...

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought that if you have completed your master's then your graduate courses figure into your GPA, so you can boost it a little if you did better in grad school.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought that if you have completed your master's then your graduate courses figure into your GPA, so you can boost it a little if you did better in grad school.

Nope. Your graduate courses count when you get the grade for the course.

fjauliveld

Hi millsra13, do you have any idea about Supply board? How many applicants so far and normally what is the select rate for SC? thank you so much!

Ruby416,
When I last talked to the fleet processor on Friday, he said 13 slots left for Supply and around 200 applicants. I'm one of them. By the way, what are your stats? Sizing up the competition.:D

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Talked to the OCS guys here yesterday and they said they have 350ish apps total for the board (a little more than they wanted but, they accepted apps up until the 25th deadline) and the word is they are still picking all of the quotas on this board. This was from the OPO meeting so it's pretty legit. The reason is they like to keep around a 30% selection rate for all SNA boards so 30% will give us a little over 100 Pro Recs.

fjauliveld

Talked to the OCS guys here yesterday and they said they have 350ish apps total for the board (a little more than they wanted but, they accepted apps up until the 25th deadline) and the word is they are still picking all of the quotas on this board. This was from the OPO meeting so it's pretty legit. The reason is they like to keep around a 30% selection rate for all SNA boards so 30% will give us a little over 100 Pro Recs.

Millsra,
Do you have anything conflicting what I wrote about the Supply board? Just making sure I'm accurate. Never want to give out bad gouge. Also, do you know if they will select any NFOs at this board? I know they don't have the quotas, but are they expecting to select for FY13? Again, thanks for all your insight.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Millsra,
Do you have anything conflicting what I wrote about the Supply board? Just making sure I'm accurate. Never want to give out bad gouge. Also, do you know if they will select any NFOs at this board? I know they don't have the quotas, but are they expecting to select for FY13? Again, thanks for all your insight.

I haven't heard anything about Supply from a person, the only thing I have seen are the quotas and it was like 64 or something. They may have filled some of those quotas already, I'm not sure. 13 seems a little low to me especially for 200 apps, but who knows? From what I've heard they are still doing the NFO board, but weren't accepting any NEW apps. As far as FY-13 goes...it's still up in the air how many, but I'm sure they will select some because I can't imagine them skipping an entire year-group for NFO.

30% selection odds seems so good in comparison to what I have been expecting. Not that I think that they are good odds but I am glad to see they are inline with historical averages. It seems like that while the military in general can sometimes do things in a way that seems backwards, I have been impressed with how the Navy has gone about this process and how quick the process appears to be. My experience with AFOTS has been much more delayed and "whishy-washy" if you will.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
WOW. I can't imagine anything as wishy-washy as the Navy, glad I'm not applying for a chair force commision!

GreenLantern330

Since I wasn't able to get in for this board, just curious, the next FY selection should start sometime in October or after, correct? Last time I went to my OR, he said I probably wouldn't be able to get into a board until they started selecting for the next FY, which at this point I'm not sure if he meant FY12 or FY13. At this point, I think I have to wait a bit longer now anyway. Apparently I have to wait till I'm 6 months from graduating instead of 12 months. He used to say he'd put me in for BDCP, but now I think he realizes that wasn't really a choice. Either way I'm gonna have to do more waiting before I can get my app in. Best of luck to everyone in the August boards!

Sonog

pilot
30% selection odds seems so good in comparison to what I have been expecting. Not that I think that they are good odds but I am glad to see they are inline with historical averages. It seems like that while the military in general can sometimes do things in a way that seems backwards, I have been impressed with how the Navy has gone about this process and how quick the process appears to be. My experience with AFOTS has been much more delayed and "whishy-washy" if you will.

30% does seem good, but lets remember that the quality of the applicant is probably going to be much higher than what it normally seen at the boards, given that there hasn't been a board in 6 months and I'm sure OR's have been turning away many applicants with average stats.

I've had my application in for some time now, around May/June I sent my final transcripts to my OR to update my GPA (as it had increased). Will this affect my application adversely? Also, I have read in ppl posting their stats that many have already completed Meps. My OR said that I would only be sent to Meps if I were already selected for a spot. Does anyone have any clarification about the whole Meps issue? FYI I am applying for an NFO/PILOT slot.

Lucy

Meps is recommended to be done early but each recruiting district decides. Some require it before application, some won't let you go until after being pro'rec

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
30% does seem good, but lets remember that the quality of the applicant is probably going to be much higher than what it normally seen at the boards, given that there hasn't been a board in 6 months and I'm sure OR's have been turning away many applicants with average stats.

It can go either way. Some recruiters think 7's across the board is super competitive for SNA.. other's will say you should retake the ASTB. Some recruiters will think simple stats like a decent gpa and some extra activities in college, with a few decent Lor's will almost guarantee you a slot. While other's (who've been around a lot longer) know it takes more. So what I'm saying is, we are some lucky folks to be on and have discovered Air Warriors. Many people don't even think about using the internet as a resource when applying for pilot the first time. They primitively rely solely on their OR every step of the way. As we all know not all OR's are hot shit. So all the NRD's across the country with over 300 applicants for this board.. We see a handful of stats from members on this forum, who for the last year or 6 months asked questions and got advice daily to improve their package. It's the Airwarrior users who have an advantage. That’s why we see a lot of high stats on here.
Obviously there are some hot shit people out there that all around have great packages. But I think what you see on air warriors is not a prediction of many applicants going up to the board. Most are probably first timers, and I’d imagine many who handed in their package back in March probably haven't touched it since. So although this is merely opinion based, being on this site and having gone through a board once without myself doing much research, and then coming on here, my package was overhauled immensely.