• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

GreenLantern330

Is there anyway to know for sure if they'll be selecting for BDCP? My OR keeps saying I'm going in for BDCP since I have about 11 months till graduation.. I just keep telling myself I'm going in for DA but my OR doesn't seem to think so...

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
It's kind of interesting that they're holding this board, because all I've been hearing for the last few months is how FY12 is full. Maybe they're getting started on FY13 early, but that seems unlikely to me. Perhaps millsra13 has some more information about this. My guess would be that they'll be filling out the last few class dates of FY12 (probably March - June). So far, the latest FY12 date that's been slotted is January, but a LOT of people are still waiting on FS letters. If those FS letters go out in the next few weeks, that should clear up a lot of information about the Navy's current manning requirements.

FY12 is full for most other designators, but 13900 still has spots that weren't filled from last year (around 130). So we aren't filling FY-13 this board, but maybe from a board later this calender year or next. Someone else mentioned OCS dates- I was told by the OCS program manager first that the earliest ship date is Jan, but then he told my LT last week that they are shipping 1 year out, so maybe there was some misunderstanding? I will ask him the next time I see him to clarify. I'm not too worried about OCS dates yet though...I'll cross that bridge when/if I get there.

It's nice to have information like that millsra, thank you very much for it. Do you, or does anyone know if there is still a suspension on submitting new application packages for this board? (the August one)

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I don't think they still have the suspension on the packages, I know that for us fleet guys there is not. Is your OR not letting you submit it? If not I will try to get some clarification from the OCS guys.

GreenLantern330

Wait, if you're a fleet applicant, does that mean you're getting all of your info from the OCS Help Desk? Because if so, I've done that before and found out that all that info that I was given is only applicable to fleet applicants, so it didn't really do much for us civilians applying.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Yes I am a fleet app, But I am stationed at CNRC (recruiting headquarters) as a cyberspace recruiter. All the information I am giving is straight from the OCS program manager's mouth who works next door, not from a help desk. As a side note-there is no difference in the quotas or selection boards for civilian as opposed to active duty. Our packages look a little different, but aside from that everything is the same. It actually kind of sucks for fleet guys because not only do we have to be competitive on GPA's, ASTBs, LORs and all that but we have to throw our evals in the package as well.

attakmint

It's not that the Navy is in dire need of pilots right now, rather the Navy does NOT need any other designators! The Quotas for FY-12 are 255 ~same as last year, but there will only be around 130 slots. 255 - previous year BDCP coming up for graduation and last years FS that are finally going to OCS=130. From what the OCS program manager told me, they will probably split it up into at least 2 boards, so best case we have 65 slots for this board. I can assure everyone that the people that are posting are the most qualified (of course the overachievers post their stats first!!) So everyone stop worrying, the ASTB isn't the only thing they look at. I have been told by many people that work in the OCS assesions program up here at CNRC that it is the whole person concept the board looks at. Let's all sit back, relax and pray we get selected!

Do you have the numbers for NFO?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Do you have the numbers for NFO?

Yeah...not good. The quota is 81 and they already have 37 filled. I don't think they are taking any new apps for it (still have the ones from the cancelled April boards), but if your package is already in Millington then you will be on the board.

GreenLantern330

Yes I am a fleet app, But I am stationed at CNRC (recruiting headquarters) as a cyberspace recruiter. All the information I am giving is straight from the OCS program manager's mouth who works next door, not from a help desk. As a side note-there is no difference in the quotas or selection boards for civilian as opposed to active duty. Our packages look a little different, but aside from that everything is the same. It actually kind of sucks for fleet guys because not only do we have to be competitive on GPA's, ASTBs, LORs and all that but we have to throw our evals in the package as well.

Gotcha. For some reason, I was told that fleet applicants and civilian applicants had different quotas and stuff. At least we finally have a legitimate source! Would you happen to know the quota for supply?

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
yes-Supply has a quota of 83 with 19 spots filled already. Pilot is the only designator with more spots open than Supply, so good luck!

attakmint

Yeah...not good. The quota is 81 and they already have 37 filled. I don't think they are taking any new apps for it (still have the ones from the cancelled April boards), but if your package is already in Millington then you will be on the board.

I was in for the April board for NFO. I got picked up by another board (EDO SEGA, hence my question about that in the other thread), and I'm wondering how that affects things. Also would I be able to update my package (interview, maybe re-take the ASTB because holy smokes my score doesn't look so hot anymore)?

GreenLantern330

I was in for the April board for NFO. I got picked up by another board (EDO SEGA, hence my question about that in the other thread), and I'm wondering how that affects things. Also would I be able to update my package (interview, maybe re-take the ASTB because holy smokes my score doesn't look so hot anymore)?

Don't forget it's about the 'whole person' concept. Your scores are very competitive, and you never know what the board is looking for. Just because you have a 69 9/9/9 doesn't mean you could get picked before someone with a 55 7/7/7. There might be other things going on in your application that someone with a higher score doesn't have that the boards will like.

Tonkovich.J

ready for round #3

21/M
SNA
7/8/8 60 - everyone else's scores makes me wish I studied for more than 2 days before the test
B.S. Mechanical Engineering expected May 2012 from Purdue University
3.7 GPA
4 LOR's in total, 3 from my professors and adviser and 1 from Navy O-6 (Aviator, CO NS Great Lakes)
Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Several Scholarships
6X Dean's List
Clean Legal and Health

As far as I know they still offer DA if you are within one year of graduation. Hopefully this is still true