• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

egd33

pilot
Contributor
My OR told me point blank that there was no board for Pilot. I don't know how he could be misinformed about such a thing, but I hope you are correct and the board was just mysteriously delayed for 8 days rather than cancelled outright.

There is nothing mysterious about it. It was due to the change of command in Millington last Thursday. Someone posted a PDF last week with all the details of the ceremony. It was definitely not cancelled. Millstra is our source into all that is happening in Millington and he reported there would be this delay the week before the board was originally supposed to happen.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Interesting.... but great news compared to what I was faced with! You can bet my OR will be hearing from me tomorrow

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
My OR told me point blank that there was no board for Pilot. I don't know how he could be misinformed about such a thing, but I hope you are correct and the board was just mysteriously delayed for 8 days rather than cancelled outright.

I can assure you that there was a board for pilot, don't worry. The board members were all from my command (CNRC) and were all at the board on Tuesday. I'm not sure how OR's are getting so misinformed, but the best advice I can give is to verify everything before you take it to heart.

ChiefM

Miguel,

Thanks for posting your stats. Congrats on the Intel select. Thats awesome. For anyone following this thread, take my word for it....do not wait until you are too old to apply. I waited. I know I had valid reasons, but I waited too long. Be consistent in your applications. It may take some time before you are selected. However, I firmly believe that consistency is the key to success.
I wish you all the very best of luck in your endeavors.

ITC(IDW/SW) Glenn J. Marquay

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
AWESOME about you finishing up your Master's! I'm also in San Diego...stationed in Point Loma, CCSG-11 Staff billet....
I have 4 more classes before I finish my Master's... So hopefully we get it done!!!

I hope your OCS grad LCDR is right... I also have my TS SCI for IT's it is a requirement at Staff.
I'm station at CNSP Staff for ADM Curtis but I live at the "village" accross from ASW. Do you have dependants? I think it would be easier for them to keep themselves "current" and informed once we leave about the whole OCS path if they can get in touch with each other.

I got a question though, I originally thought that I would have to be a SWO until I was a LT but then i read yesterday that for INTEL i go from OCS straight into INTEL school for 5 months, do you know or have a place that you can get info for the career path of officers. NPC is great for enlisted but there really is not much out there for O's.

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
I'm station at CNSP Staff for ADM Curtis but I live at the "village" accross from ASW. Do you have dependants? I think it would be easier for them to keep themselves "current" and informed once we leave about the whole OCS path if they can get in touch with each other.

I got a question though, I originally thought that I would have to be a SWO until I was a LT but then i read yesterday that for INTEL i go from OCS straight into INTEL school for 5 months, do you know or have a place that you can get info for the career path of officers. NPC is great for enlisted but there really is not much out there for O's.

Hi Miguel,
Sorry I don't have any dependants right now. However, me and my current boyfriend are looking to get married before I leave for OCS. I totally agree about letting them keep in touch with each other. You think it will be an issue if me and my boyfriend stayed together and not get married being that he is enlisted I wasn't sure how that would work. We have been planning to get married, but we actually did want a wedding and the whole nine yards, however, it looks like we will have to postpone that dream until after the commissioning. As I can recall once you're commissioned enlisted personnel is off limits... Do you know anything different?

Yeah you do go straight from OCS to INTEL school.... Yeah the only website I know has been NPC. Did you use this page... http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/OFFICER/DETAILING/IDC_FAO/INTELLIGENCE/Pages/default.aspx

PRISSY83

Oh here's a graphic layout of what is suppose to be your career path : http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...cuments/IntelOfficerCareerProgression2009.pdf

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
You think it will be an issue if me and my boyfriend stayed together and not get married being that he is enlisted I wasn't sure how that would work. We have been planning to get married, but we actually did want a wedding and the whole nine yards, however, it looks like we will have to postpone that dream until after the commissioning. As I can recall once you're commissioned enlisted personnel is off limits... Do you know anything different?

You should be fine, that rule is to stop E's and O's from getting together, seeing as how you two were together both as enlisted, there probably won't be a problem. I don't have the instruction in front of me, but I did some research a few years back when my wife was thinking about applying to OCS and as long as you aren't ever in the same command I don't believe there was a fraternization issue. Obviously, I would find it in writing before you get hitched though!

PRISSY83

So I emailed the Fleet Processor to see how long the wait was for us to get a Final Select and this is the response:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:47 AM
Subject: RE: OCS INQUIRY

IT2,
Okay I have time now to explain it a little. We will be screening all
recommended packages to make sure we have the medical documents. We then
have to get them sent to medical for screening and get a Physically
Qualified letter. Once we get that we notify our Program Manager of the
medical letter. They will eventually (a couple of weeks to a couple of
months) assign an OCS date. They have to wait for approval to assign
dates for each designator. Once there is a date they will inform me and
Mr. Williams to draft a select letter. We will do that and send back up
for review and signature. This whole process does take a while, which
you need to stay at your command and patiently (I know it is hard with
all the excitement) and we will get everything done as fast as we can.
V/R
FC2 Hickman

PRISSY83

You should be fine, that rule is to stop E's and O's from getting together, seeing as how you two were together both as enlisted, there probably won't be a problem. I don't have the instruction in front of me, but I did some research a few years back when my wife was thinking about applying to OCS and as long as you aren't ever in the same command I don't believe there was a fraternization issue. Obviously, I would find it in writing before you get hitched though!

Thanks Millsra13! I will start doing some research on it....!:)

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hi Miguel,
Sorry I don't have any dependants right now. However, me and my current boyfriend are looking to get married before I leave for OCS. I totally agree about letting them keep in touch with each other. You think it will be an issue if me and my boyfriend stayed together and not get married being that he is enlisted I wasn't sure how that would work. We have been planning to get married, but we actually did want a wedding and the whole nine yards, however, it looks like we will have to postpone that dream until after the commissioning. As I can recall once you're commissioned enlisted personnel is off limits... Do you know anything different?

If you commission, it doesn't forbid you from keeping your prior existing relationships with Enlisted personnel, however fraternization rules still apply. That means if you're not married to him, it could constitute an inappropriate relationship. If you're married, there shouldn't be an issue. That's just my interpretation of the rules. As Millsra pointed out, I would find it in writing, and possibly contact your current chain of command to seek clarification.

PRISSY83

If you commission, it doesn't forbid you from keeping your prior existing relationships with Enlisted personnel, however fraternization rules still apply. That means if you're not married to him, it could constitute an inappropriate relationship. If you're married, there shouldn't be an issue. That's just my interpretation of the rules. As Millsra pointed out, I would find it in writing, and possibly contact your current chain of command to seek clarification.

Thanks eas7888, definitely will dig hard to see what is actually in writing! :)

miguel

Pro-Rec INTEL Aug board
Hi Miguel,

Yeah you do go straight from OCS to INTEL school.... Yeah the only website I know has been NPC. Did you use this page... http://www.public.navy.mil/BUPERS-NPC/OFFICER/DETAILING/IDC_FAO/INTELLIGENCE/Pages/default.aspx
One thing I can tell you is that, if you decide to get married now you might be able to get preference for co-location once you are commissioned. If you wait until you are commisioned you may risk having to postpone it for a couple of years since you may end up stationed very far from each other. My advice would be, if you guys are ready and have been planning on it already then you should do it and not wait for the commission so you can get stationed close together.

I would ask NCC or the OCS HD to see if getting married would affect your selection. I can't think of any reason why it would but just check with them to make sure you dont lose your selection due to going from single to married.

Being married to an enlisted or an officer is only frowned upon if you are both within the same chain of command.