• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 2011 Board

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
What I was told was they weren't accepting any new apps for NFO and SWO because they already had plenty form the cancelled board, but they were still doing the board for the few remaining spots left. This was from one of the processors, not the OCS manager so take it for what it's worth. I did hear that SWO was closed for next year though.

ruby416

Board starts tomorrow (for SWO,NFO,Pilot)
Good luck to all of you!

Millsra13: I got updated info about the upcoming SC board. Fleet processor said the next one will be Sep26th..... So this is should be the first board for FY13 of SC? Do you have any idea normally what is the acceptance percentage for the first board for the new FY? I heard is normally taking around 30% of the spots for the year (apply to all designators)... Is there anyway you can find out how many applications will go for this board? Thank you so much!

I am hoping to get a pro-req and vacation all at the same time. I go on vacation on the 16th. It will be one hell of a celebration if I do.

Stalin

I got my final select SNA! I was a weird case, I was pro-rec'd last October and my conditional release to get out of the Army took forever. I was up for this board but they decided not to put it on the board due to the large number of applicants, and they went ahead and gave me my final select. OCS on Feb 12, 2012.... Good luck to everyone!

nismospeed5spd

I got my final select SNA! I was a weird case, I was pro-rec'd last October and my conditional release to get out of the Army took forever. I was up for this board but they decided not to put it on the board due to the large number of applicants, and they went ahead and gave me my final select. OCS on Feb 12, 2012.... Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor

Congrats Stalin. I know how big of a pain in the ass getting that 368 taken care of can be. It only took six months for mine to get signed, but I've heard some real horror stories.

Welcome to big blue, and best of luck to you in OCS. What was your MOS?

Stalin

It only took six months for mine to get signed, but I've heard some real horror stories.
It took me 5.5, and like you said, that is considered fast. I know people that waited over a year, and most don't even hear anything back. It took an O-3, 2 O-2s, 3 E-9s, an E-8, several E-7s, and countless E-6s and below to sign a piece of paper. Gotta love the military! I also inquired almost weekly about its progress, a bold and dangerous game for a E-3/E-4.

What was your MOS?
11B, never deployed... tried to but I was in the Guard's college first program and they wouldn't let me even as I fought hard to go. Ah well. And it's not really an MOS, but I'm on the state's honor guard, so I feel good that I gave the Army something as they sent me to college...

Just a word of advice to all those waiting for this board: If selected, have your moment of happiness, but just realize that this is another step and it's not over until it's over. I got pro-rec'd last year and I'm JUST now finishing the process. Good luck to all!

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
Good luck to all of you!

Millsra13: I got updated info about the upcoming SC board. Fleet processor said the next one will be Sep26th..... So this is should be the first board for FY13 of SC? Do you have any idea normally what is the acceptance percentage for the first board for the new FY? I heard is normally taking around 30% of the spots for the year (apply to all designators)... Is there anyway you can find out how many applications will go for this board? Thank you so much!

Yes, from what I understand they try to keep 30%, but as far as I know they don't limit the apps. They just open up the window for submission and close it a month before the board convenes.

On another note, I talked to one of the LT's up here today and he said they are NOT selecting any SWOs this board. There are a few slots left over, but they are reserving those for pilot/NFO washouts. He said they might select a few NFOs, but didn't seem too sure. He did confirm that they will select slightly over 100 pilots!