• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

!!!!!!!ASTB TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason12

oh man.....talk about rememberin high school when the SAT's were just a day away.....crap...did i study enough....did i study the right stuff....am i a complete idiot....guess we'll find out soon enough....
banghead_125.gif

tali264

LOL......relax
drunk_125.gif
- well maybe not THAT relaxed hehe. Just like the ACTs (I didn't take SATs) there is nothing you can do about the test, no matter how much studying you do. Either you know the stuff or you don't, so I didn't even study. Just be calm. You can always take it again
icon_smile_wink.gif

Good luck!!!

Bserton

Jason

I disagree. I am taking my ATSB on Thursday and studying DOES help. Review all the questions in the book. It can teach you a lot. I did not know much about certain aviation principles and the book definitely helped. A close friend of mine who is in flight shcool in the Marines said the book mirrors the test in many ways. I am nervous too but review the book has calmed my nerves.

Go Navy!

jason12

well the math and verbal stuff i'm good on i didn't take the ACT's Tali, but from what just about everyone has told me they are similar to the SAT's only difference is the ACT's have a science knowledge section. I got a 1440 on the SAT's so hopefully that knowledge from highschool hasn't been lost to the endless days of drinking and partying in college...oops did i say that?, the aviation stuff i will read over a bit tonight briefly just to get some of the terms stuck in my head...thanks for your help guys....wish me luck.....i might need it! lol

jabravo2003

I just took the ASTB at the end of January or early this month, I had to take it on two days notice for the Marine PLC program!!!! My suggestion is dont use the ARCO book, Marine study guide is the best, just relax, and it will come to you. I passed it, and at the time I had been out of math for about 3yrs!!! But enough rambling, good luck, and come back with good news ;)

George

jason12

well well well.....it's now time to go take the infamous ASTB......hopefully i'll come back with that good news.....see ya in a few hours

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What were your scores? Most recruiters will grade the ASTB on the spot and give you the 'un-official' score.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile_wink.gif

jason12

all he told me was I got a 5, 7 and a 6, i already called NOMI and am having my scorese sent to me, so i'm not even sure what those apply to or if he read them off in any particular order, either way i'm gonna retest as i was kind of pushed into taking the test 2 days after beginning to study for it.

-----------------ok...just called my officer recruiter, he said my AQR was a 5, my PFA was a 7, and my NFO was a 6????good bad???

skywrdbound

Jason, from what I hear those are good scores. Just sent you an email as well. I am active duty AF trying to do a lateral transfer to fly for the navy so I have to take the ASTB as well. Average scores being picked up on off the street acording to the comunity manager in DC are 7/8 for PFAR scores... the others don't matter as muchas long as you have qualifying scores. AQR qual is 3 I believe. So that being said I think you are ok. As for the test, reply to my email when you get a chance.

fiveyearsdead

I took the test today and really could not get a straight answer on the scores. I saw a "7" underneath pilot, and my recruiter said I did well. I do know that I got 32 out 35 correct on the spacial apperception. I guess my studying paid off.

jason12

yea that's kind of weird my recruiter was a little reserved too, not sure why, i asked him for the scores and he kinda just threw out those three numbers but no explanation of them?? who knows, but today i called and he wasn't in...so i talked to his boss who gave me a quick rundown of the scores and what they mean...needless to say i'm gonna retake the test i think i can do better...oh and another thing if anyone has any questions about an upcoming ASTB or an overview of what the test is all about lemme know i got all this info in my head about what specifically to look at, and since i just took it i'ts still pretty fresh...anyways...if ya need help in any aspect of the test regardless of its nature feel free to ask or e-mail me

-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.