• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB test today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatkat

I just took the ASTB today. I think I did alright on everything except maybe the spacial part. It pretty much kicked my butt. The study guides from this site were right on. I should have the results Friday. I'll be holding my breathe till then.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I heard the spacial part of the test is radically different than the ARCO books. How different was it? I heard there are no clouds or ships in the water and the angles of dive or bank are either minimal or extreme. So basically what I'm asking you guys who took it...what was that part like?

kn

Originally posted by phatkat
I just took the ASTB today. I think I did alright on everything except maybe the spacial part. It pretty much kicked my butt. The study guides from this site were right on. I should have the results Friday. I'll be holding my breathe till then.
When I took the ASTB, it was on an APEX workstation and the results were available right away. 10 mins after the test, I got a printout in form of an email from the DOD's APEX server to my processor in the recruiting office, showing detailed listing of the scores. The format was something like this:

Test ASTB1 received by APEX Server on ...

Session ID:
Workstation:
Remote IP:
Version: 1.2.0.0
Serial Number:

UIC:

Raw scores:
-----------
MVT:
MCT:
SAT:
ANI:
PILOT POST:
PILOT NEG:
NFO POS:
NFO POS:

Weighted Scores:
-------------
AQR:
PFAR:
FOFAR:
PBI:
FOBI:
OAR:

phatkat

I called up to Richmond today. They said it will be Monday now for my test scores. Great!! Now I'm on pins and needles all weekend.

kn

NOMI has your scores immediately after you're done with the test. Your recruiter's probably too lazy to get them for you. Now what you can do is get drunk and stay drunk until Monday :) Good luck!

jabravo2003

I remember someone on here once saying that now a days you need a high score on the ASTB to get accepted into the flight program??? Well I think I got the bare minimums for pilot on the ASTB and I was just selected by the Feb board to attend the Marine Corps OCC183 this summer. Me, I don't care about my score, all I konw is that I passed and will be attending OCS :-D. Sorry, don't mean to be rude/disrespectful.

George

Accepted for OCC183-PLC Air

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I think that it is more for the NAVY with respect to the high scores ... but obviously the higher the better. If two packages are on the table and they are extremely similar except for the ASTB scores ... guess whose going to be a happy SNA. I think the golden rule here is don't try to get into the heads of those on the board. It's just not possible and it will drive u nuts!!! Just do your best. That's all u can do. Oh yeah .... and CONGRATS jabravo2003!!! Hopefully I will be right behind u!

Peace,

-Spin

thetonedude

I am completly new at this and have just now decided what I wanted to do. I need a little bit of advice with what i should do about a PLC program. Help plz. Thanks.

Semper Fidelis

Status
Not open for further replies.