• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB test today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Williamson

I just got done with the ASTB test about a half an hour ago. I think it went pretty good and I am confident that I did good on it, I am just waiting now to make sure.

For everyone out there discussing the ASTB test, thanks, I have been reading the several discussions going on about it and I think that it helped a great deal.

Semper Fi

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Hey Williamson,
It looks like you decided to take that ASTB after all. Probably a good decision, it should definetely help you with selection for this summer.

Semper Fi

ghost_ttu

I was told my "unofficial" scores before I left the recruiter. Did they not do the same for you?

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Ghost- I was told mine the next morning "unofficially"... Since me and Williamson are from the same OSO office I would guess the same would be true for him.

tali264

I never got mine right after either. Actually it took a couple days and I just got a message on my machine that said "your scores were good and we're sending in your application". I was never even told what I got. So it just depends on the recruiter.

NuSnake

yeah mine was the same as tali's.....all hey said was you passed with flying colors and were gonna send your app in. haha, when I actually bothered them enough to get my scores they werent as high as I wouldve liked, but oh well I got in.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

Jonathan Williamson

Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by and your support. I just talked to the Staff Sgt at my OS Office and looks like I passed. Not only did I pass I qualified to be a pilot, at least thats what they tell me. They are going to double check and get back with me but it looks promising.

I never really thought about being a pilot or even an NFO until I really started looking into it. The more I have looked into it however the more I am finding that I would love to do it. I am still looking for more information but am eager to get into the air, I have always loved flying anyway.

Well anyway, thanks everyone.

Semper Fi,
Do or Die

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Williamson-
Congratulations on passing!
just so you know-
Pilot requires a lower ASTB score than NFO.

calpolyjoey

Good thing I did terribly then because I can't wait to be at the flight controls as a SNA !

Joe

"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and unsafe."

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, it's a Lower OAR score....BWAAAA
ea6bflyr
icon_smile_wink.gif

Originally posted by Taxman2A
Williamson-
Congratulations on passing!
just so you know-
Pilot requires a lower ASTB score than NFO.

Jonathan Williamson

Good luck on it, I found that just studying the guide here on the site helped a ton and I felt the questions were fairly easy after that.

Originally posted by kabttu
I plan on taking mine this coming thursday. ah, the fun stuff i do on my spring break:)

wildflyin69, good luck to you too. Study the best you can for it and you should do fine. Don't try to rush through it just take your time. If you know the material well enough it will go quickly enough to make it.

kabttu

Originally posted by Jonathan Williamson
Good luck on it, I found that just studying the guide here on the site helped a ton and I felt the questions were fairly easy after that.

Originally posted by kabttu
I plan on taking mine this coming thursday. ah, the fun stuff i do on my spring break:)

wildflyin69, good luck to you too. Study the best you can for it and you should do fine. Don't try to rush through it just take your time. If you know the material well enough it will go quickly enough to make it.

thanks, i'm sure i'll need it. I went through the marine study guide and did pretty well, only missed a few. definitely gonna brush up some more on the math and mechanical stuff. I'm curious as to how much I should study for the aviation stuff, when I talked to my recruiter he said that I'll be taking the whole test. But since I'm planning on just applying for crypto and other non-aviation spots, should i even worry about the aviation specific stuff? will doing well on it even though i'm not applying look good? do they even see those scores? or was my recruiter incorrect in saying that i'll even be taking that part of the test? thanks!

kevin

Jonathan Williamson

kabttu, I would say that study everything as much as you can and do your best all out. I don't know enough about it to say that they will ignore that and they might even look down on it. It's up to you but I think if I was in your position I would just go all out and sort out the career path after the test...best of luck, I am sure you will do fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.