• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB FORM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

Anybody remember anything from this version. I just found out that this is the one I will be taking. If anyone can remember examples of Q's, what to focus on (alg, trig, or geo), which study guide best resembles this version. Any information from people who have taken this thing of recent or past would be greatly appreciated.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

psrogers

Intel Officer
Dude, its a splattering of all those math worlds. Get the ARCO book and cram for a few days...that'll do you right. I don't know for sure if I took form I, but I took the test less than a month ago if that tells you anything. Also polish up on mechanical and physics type stuff, as well as those little pictures of planes climbing and diving at the water and land. If you do those, they will help immensely. Good luck

Good Luck Ghost!

ghost_ttu

STUDY YOUR MARINE ASTB STUDY GUIDE!!!! Look over the ARCO, but if you can work all of the Marine guide you are set.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

sonnyb

JTP, I took Form 1 about 2months ago. It wasn't too difficult. Problems that came from the study guide that were on Form 1 were:
math section: 3,11,13,21,22,24, one like 38,42-44(44 was a little different)and 47.
as far as the mchanical section goes. It was a lot of common sense stuff. I remember the pendulum quesions on there. I also recall a qestion concerning a monkey climbing a pulley!

JTP

SonnyB, is all that great gouge coming from the Marine ASTB Study Guide or the Arco's? Thanks for the help so far, keep them coming if you got them.

Mission: ACE ASTB FORM 1..OAR: 80 and 9's across the board. Wouldn't that be some shit?

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

ghost_ttu

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that scores like that will get your ass kicked poindexter.

JTP

Is that what happens in the initiation for Tri Lam, Gilbert?

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

JTP

How do you work #24 and #44 on that Marine ASTB? If it's simple, don't poke fun.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

ghost_ttu

Us make fun? hehehehe.....No, on 24 the way I did it is think of a square with a side of x that means the area is going to be x^2 so if on one side you add a piece that is lenth 4 you now have a square and a rectangle next to each other. So if you know the area of the square is x^2 and if you have a rectangle added to that square where one side is 4 then the rectangle area would equal 4x so the area of the two would be x^2+4x. Hope all of that makes since.

On 44 you know that Volume of A to B is 8:1 So we could guess that the volume of B could be 1, and we can guess that the volume of A is 8 (makes since right?) So if volume A is 8 then we can guess that each side of the cube is = 2 because volume of cube is side^3. So 2*2*2=8. So each side of A=2. So we know that an edge of C is twice as long as a side on A, so we can guess that C is 4 (simple enough right?) So the volume of C would be 4*4*4=64 So with volume C = 64 then ratio of B to C would be 1:64

Hope that was clear.

ghost_ttu

*throwing flag* ILLEGAL USE OF POST FOR PERSONAL GAIN!!!!!! Sorry just figured there wasn't much of a Monday night football game, I would get some Monday night action

psrogers

Intel Officer
Another tip for ya- Incidental and lucky - as soon as I got up from writing that last post, I went to get the mail, found something from the "Commanding Officer of 'So and So,'" and it was my ASTB scores that I had called for a couple weeks ago. It says I took form I, and the ARCO book was cash for it. Get the Flight Officer book as well as the normal Officer one- go to a comfy Barnes & Noble with some coffee like you are going to buy them, and study there. The penny pincher route, but hey, it might help.

spidrwmn

Just a quick check, but form 1 is the one with all the word problems right? Because I took form 2 last time and I remember it being all geometery. Right?

- nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.