• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Arriving a day late

Status
Not open for further replies.

malecold

For those of you with prior PLC/OCS experience -- Is arriving a day late to OCS absolutely forbidden? The reason I ask is that I have finals that conflict with the June, 2005 start date. Did any of you arrive a day late, or know of anyone who did? If so, who should I speak to about getting this squared away? Thanks in advance for your help.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
They might since they do some basic gear issue and stuff like that for the first three days...ask your OSO

Crowbar

None
Surely I'm not the only one thinking that talking to your instructor(s) is a more viable option.
Did you try that and it didn't work out?

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
no doubt, if you spoke with your prof's and explained the situation, im sure they would understand (unless they are complete jerks...) and let you take your finals 1 or 2 days early, or if your school is anything like mine, let you take it with another class that may have it on a different date than your slotted class time would.

-nick

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Personally, I don't know why the hell you would want to start OCS RIGHT after you finish your finals. Honestly, that is the craziest thing I have ever heard.

malecold

Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. I'm sure I could get my finals changed, but I'm doing research for an honors class and they have an independent panel come and grade the work. Unfortunately, the day of the panel is the same day OCS starts, and I know for a fact that the panel can't be rescheduled. I already spoke to my OSO who told me it'd be hard to delay my entry date, but I was wondering if any of you had been successful in doing so. Again, thanks.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even if you are successful you may skyline yourself and amke life really difficult for the first few weeks with both staff and peers. If there is anyway to get there on time do it. Im not sure where you are attending school but I hope your professors are more understanding than those Bill Oreilly has on his show.
I went second increment both times jsut to make sure I had time to prep physically and mentally
Good luck

Taxman2A

War were declared.
malecold said:
Sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. I'm sure I could get my finals changed, but I'm doing research for an honors class and they have an independent panel come and grade the work. Unfortunately, the day of the panel is the same day OCS starts, and I know for a fact that the panel can't be rescheduled. I already spoke to my OSO who told me it'd be hard to delay my entry date, but I was wondering if any of you had been successful in doing so. Again, thanks.

And you HAVE to be present for the panel to grade your work? I'm sure there are other kids that have work situations that don't permit them to be there that day.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
I REALLY do not mean to sound like an @$$ but can't you go 2nd Inc?? I mean I completly under stand why you'd want to go 1st Inc. I went 1st last summer and I do not want to go 2nd this summer but thousands before me have, so why can't I.
"Hydrate right now"

UORBulldog

I had to do jrs last year 1st inc with only one day off after my finals, and same thing this year for srs. I can't go to 2nd increment becuase I play football and practice starts in August

malecold

For all of you who have posted advice, thank you for your time. I would, however, like to make a couple of things clear. The question at hand is not whether I could weasle a day out of OCS to twiddle my thumbs. I specifically asked for advice from those who either successfully entered OCS a day later or knew of a candidate who had. Please do not think that I have failed to consider all other options or am currently not pursuing other options. Secondly, please don't hide veiled remarks with a weak precursor such as, "not to sound like an ass." We're hopefully future Marine officers, if we want to sound like anything, let's do it with conviction in our voice. If not, let's learn to bite our tongue and not pass judgement. Again, I am doing everything in my power to mediate between my presentation date and the start of OCS -- I am just looking for any precedent to fall back on in case nothing works out. Thanks.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
malecold- First off, Noone in the thread has accused you of trying to weasle out of a day at OCS. They were merely expressing to you that sticking out from your peers day one of OCS is not something you want to do.
Secondly, do not mistake someone trying to be polite with someone showing lack of conviction in his voice. The individual who told used the phrase "not trying to sound like an ass" is a Marine Officer, and is lending his advice- which you did ask for. What did you want him to say? "Suck if the **** up and go to OCS... Do you want to be a school house pussy or a killer?!"

Not trying to sound like an ass or anything :)

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
jmwSemperFi said:
Some of us old salts like to cheak in on our younger brothers and sisters every now and then to see if we can provide some of the help that we didn't have.

Hey pal, I don't think three months of TBS qualifies you as an "old salt"! We haven't even gotten to FEX II and you already think you're crusty. :D

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are deer busting down the door to Obannon hall trying to lick his @ss for the salt

Im just kidding I had to take a double take on the "old salts" line is A4s on this thread

KBayDog

Easy, killer - everybody knows you were joking.

We all know that the first Marine recruit at Tun Tavern turned to the second Marine recruit on the night of 10 November 1775 and said, "Son, let me tell you about the Old Corps..."

Status
Not open for further replies.