• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army helo pilot=>Navy jet pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

Originally posted by adomian2

What if while I'm in the Army as a Warrant Officer pilot, I finish my degree, go to OCS and get an Army commission. And then after I finish my 6 years in the Army I decide I want to fly jets for the Navy, would the Navy give me equivalent rank? For example, if I was a Captain in the Army, would the Navy give me the rank of Lieutenant (sr grade)?

There are a few serious problems with this idea. By the time you could complete all of that in the best scenario would be 9 - 10 years and that assumes that you complete your degree, get commissioned and serve your commitment all very smoothly. That will make you 38, I'll go ahead and say you won't get a waiver to go to flight school. The only thing that would be an option to you is to transfer your commission to the Navy, Marines, or AF and that would only be if they had the need for you. And if they were accepting rated transfers. When they accept rated transfers it is generally when you are rated for a weapon system that the service utilizes. (ie Army and Navy both use 60's). I could be wrong on all this, but I read some listings for this stuff a while back.

That is just the flaw that I saw in the issue.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

adomian2

Well guys thanks a lot for your help. I think I'm going to turn down the Army. You only live once and I need to fly jets. I just got into a Cal State campus on appeal for fall 03, so I think I'm going to try to finish school and go into the Navy as an officer. My only concern is that withdrawing my WOFT application may cause problems when I apply for OCS in the future. Do you guys know anything about that?

mikedjp

If you've got the grades, I would suggest looking into ROTC, either AF or Navy. You'll get help with paying for school and also get a really good shot at flight school. I don't think turning down the WOFT program in order to finish your degree will look bad on an OCS application. Turning down an OCS slot is a different story. Also check you the BDCP program. Lot's of options available to you.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Focus on BDCP!!!!!!!!!!!When the navy figures out how they are getting jerked by this program, it's going to go away.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.