• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

cb812

SNA
Question number 2: how much of a break between parts of the PRT do you get? For example I'm maxing pushups and sit-ups but if you put the run before either of them and then had me do them....my scores will drop obviously

I had to do a PRT for a waiver. I did push-ups first, 2 min rest, sit-ups, 2 min rest, and then run.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Question number 2: how much of a break between parts of the PRT do you get? For example I'm maxing pushups and sit-ups but if you put the run before either of them and then had me do them....my scores will drop obviously
For us, they didn't give much rest for the first two. You paired up for push-ups/sit-ups and you would alternate, so you do push-ups, then rest while the other guy is going. And you'd keep count out loud of how many push-ups/sit-ups the other guy was doing. The big problem with that is sit-ups came first, so if you did sit-ups first, you'd then have to hold the other guy's feet when it was his turn, which can wear out your arms if you're doing it right. Then you'd have to go right into push-ups.
The last PRT was much more by-the-book in terms of allowing sufficient rest, because it's the only PRT conducted at OCS that actually goes in your record as the PRT for that cycle. So you won't need another one for about six months.

For us, they didn't give much rest for the first two. You paired up for push-ups/sit-ups and you would alternate, so you do push-ups, then rest while the other guy is going. And you'd keep count out loud of how many push-ups/sit-ups the other guy was doing. The big problem with that is sit-ups came first, so if you did sit-ups first, you'd then have to hold the other guy's feet when it was his turn, which can wear out your arms if you're doing it right. Then you'd have to go right into push-ups.
The last PRT was much more by-the-book in terms of allowing sufficient rest, because it's the only PRT conducted at OCS that actually goes in your record as the PRT for that cycle. So you won't need another one for about six months.

If you score an outstanding do you not PRT for a year? I'm just asking because the AF has a policy where if you score an excellent they don't test you for a year versus six months.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
NOPO said we should have the results by Friday May 2nd and NLT Monday May 4th. Hopefully it's Friday so we can all celebrate over the weekend.
He said results can be expected to be released between 02May and 05May. Also keep in mind what he said about who gets the results first. Once released, board results will go to the Fleet first and then to the NRDs a couple of days after. So I don't think the date of 07May for results is an entirely unrealistic prediction for the majority of us who are civilians.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
If you score an outstanding do you not PRT for a year? I'm just asking because the AF has a policy where if you score an excellent they don't test you for a year versus six months.
No, as far as I know, you get tested every six months regardless of your score.

cb812

SNA

I did my PRT at a local rec club. There was a class of elderly people doing some stretching/yoga stuff right by us and they kept complaining because my OR was being too loud with his counts, etc. So my OR ended up doing hand gestures to let me know how many laps I had left when I would come on the indoor track...

I did my PRT at a local rec club. There was a class of elderly people doing some stretching/yoga stuff right by us and they kept complaining because my OR was being too loud with his counts, etc. So my OR ended up doing hand gestures to let me know how many laps I had left when I would come on the indoor track...

I hate indoor tracks, I'm glad I didn't have to do my PT test on the one here at Randolph AFB because it had two 90 degree turns.

That's what I was assuming would happen. It's a bummer, but so it goes.

Don't give up hope. My package was at NRC for a month (stuck because it was overlooked I guess), so NOPO looked into it and they just had to make a tiny correction in the system for it to move to the next step. Point is once it was corrected it went to the PM and then PROBOARD status within 2 hours. So....don't give up hope yet but expect the worst, lol.

mickistopheles

Don't give up hope. My package was at NRC for a month (stuck because it was overlooked I guess), so NOPO looked into it and they just had to make a tiny correction in the system for it to move to the next step. Point is once it was corrected it went to the PM and then PROBOARD status within 2 hours. So....don't give up hope yet but expect the worst, lol.

Pragmatic optimism. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Luckily waiting another three months isn't the end of the world.

National OPO

Do you happen to know if they have to get us a class date before the 368 expires or once we are selected does the 368's purpose end?

For the DD368, we prefer that the expiration date of the 368 (Conditional Release) be far enough out to extend past your enlisted date just prior to shipping to OCS. This is because the 368 represents your conditional release from your current military obligation up to the point in which you fall under a new military obligation with the other branch of service or service component. So if you are concerned about the expiration date on your 368 coming up soon, and perhaps expiring during your selection board or shortly after, I would recommend that you ask your current branch to consider extending the 368 or generating a new 368 that reaches out in the future a little further so that you wont end up perhaps having to scramble around to get one at the last minute because it expires 1 week before your enlistment date right before shipping to OCS.

For the DD368, we prefer that the expiration date of the 368 (Conditional Release) be far enough out to extend past your enlisted date just prior to shipping to OCS. This is because the 368 represents your conditional release from your current military obligation up to the point in which you fall under a new military obligation with the other branch of service or service component. So if you are concerned about the expiration date on your 368 coming up soon, and perhaps expiring during your selection board or shortly after, I would recommend that you ask your current branch to consider extending the 368 or generating a new 368 that reaches out in the future a little further so that you wont end up perhaps having to scramble around to get one at the last minute because it expires 1 week before your enlistment date right before shipping to OCS.

Mine expires August 31st, do you think I should ask for an extension or is that date pretty safe? Will the personnel who schedule class dates take the 368 date into consideration like they would someone who is age critical?