• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
saw them as well. they are always impressive. but that f-22 was pretty sweet. first time I've ever seen one in flight. those engines roar.
I actually had lost track of time and didn't realize the F-22 was up next... until I heard the engines road overhead! I should have made a post beforehand, so we could have met up!

The_Pants

I actually had lost track of time and didn't realize the F-22 was up next... until I heard the engines road overhead! I should have made a post beforehand, so we could have met up!
That would have been cool. I know there is another guy on here who is also in our area, but he is on the Indy side if i am not mistaken. But it would be cool to meet with some applicants especially if we all got selected. There are not a lot of us out here I bet.

Who is your OR if you don't mind me asking?

varlogkern

That would have been cool. I know there is another guy on here who is also in our area, but he is on the Indy side if i am not mistaken. But it would be cool to meet with some applicants especially if we all got selected. There are not a lot of us out here I bet.

Who is your OR if you don't mind me asking?
Would have been nice to swap stories if nothing else. I'll PM you my info, we may be in the same district.

Josh3714

Hoping to hear a board convened today as per original scheduled date...today would be the day. Fingers crossed!

Josh3714

I have been MIA on this forum..just looked at the above comments and now I am all caught up and see that it actually won't be held today...hoping for this month then!

cb812

SNA
We are a long ways away from taking the Pilot out of the aircraft. Yes, drones are here to stay but I would not be worrying about being stuck behind a desk anytime soon. As far the AF goes, their pilots were leaving not necessarily because they were being switched to drones, although that did happen to a few units, but I believe the main reason was that the pilots were just not getting the hours. The jets were parked and the pilots were losing proficiency. That coupled with the pilot shortage on the commercial aviation side and the airlines offering huge signing bonuses, made quite a few guys leave the service. Some of you might have already seen this but for all the F-18 fans out there:

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
I know there is another guy on here who is also in our area, but he is on the Indy side if i am not mistaken. But it would be cool to meet with some applicants especially if we all got selected. There are not a lot of us out here I bet.

I am in the Evansville, IN area, but I work with the Indy office. Do you guys know if all of us head to TN for the board once it convenes?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Great vid, I got a good laugh out of that one :D

I really hope that the F-35 doesn't go the way of the -22 and end up so expensive per unit that they will never see real combat. I realize that comparing an air superiority fighter to a fighter/ground attack aircraft is like comparing apples to oranges but do you think that the Navy would risk losing one with the current flyaway cost of a -35C close to $200m?

Kees

SNA Select
Hoping to hear a board convened today as per original scheduled date...today would be the day. Fingers crossed!

Don't get your hopes up! National OPO confirmed that a board would not be held this week, rather late April/early May. See below.

"All - I CAN PROMISE THAT WE ARE NOT HOLDING THE NEXT PILOT/NFO BOARD NEXT WEEK!!! We just held our last board on 27Feb14. So we are not even planning on having the next until at least later this month if not in May (within 90 days since the last one). NRC does not presently need to hold another board since we are still have an adequate pool of previously-selected Pilot/NFOs that need to be assigned OCS ship dates. The reason that kits are being pushed to a PROBOARD status is simply because the PMs have finished with other requirements and now have the time to start working Pilot and NFO applications. Please do not take this change in the status of a few applications to be some type of an early indicator as to when the next board might be occurring. Like I tell the recruiters in the field, submit Pilot and NFO applications as they are complete and accurate and they will be considered at the next occurring board. As such, as long as you are remaining engaged with your recruiter and providing all necessary documents that they request/require, and submit your application in a timely fashion, it will be considered at this next Pilot/NFO board occuring either closer to the end of this month or next month."

The_Pants

I am in the Evansville, IN area, but I work with the Indy office. Do you guys know if all of us head to TN for the board once it convenes?
You may be correct. Last time I contacted my OR he said my application was headed to Millington and was with the PM. But other than that I don't really know exactly where our applications are sent to. Your guess is as good as mine.

varlogkern

I would be up for a meet up at some point if you guys would want to arrange it.

EDIT: I just watched that video, that is some pretty funny material right there.

Last edited: