• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

hmbeagle

Hey, so why did you apply if you knew you'd lose the pro-rec? I don't get that.

Didn't know at the time - between submitting my application and getting the pro-rec I was diagnosed with multiple femoral stress fractures (damn marathon training). Doc says I'll be out of action for 3 months at a minimum, and my recruiter has told me that they won't hold my billet past the 30 days you're allowed to take your PRT and clear MEPS (which it sounds like I'll have to go through again). Believe me, I wouldn't have applied and taken a billet from someone else had I known back in March that I'd end up in this situation.

nba1290

Just about all Universities will take transfer students from Community/City Colleges regardless having taken the SAT/ACT, granted your GPA is high enough. When I was looking at transferring from Community College to a 4 year School Only Columbia University wanted me to take a standardized test, specifically the ACT, and not the SAT.

I read ya, for some reason they only wanted my SATs and not ACTs too, kind of silly that they would hang so much on a test you took when you were 16

tuke09

Well, just found out non-select for Intel for the second time. My recruiter thinks I should give it another go, but I am ready to sign an enlisted contract and get on with my life. Maybe give OCS a try after a few years enlisted. Unfortunately, I have to wait on a dependency waiver because I have a family, arrgh the waiting never ends. Good luck to all those who got Pro Rec's perhaps I will have the pleasure of saluting you all as an enlisted sailor!

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
Got the good word today...Pro-Rec'd SNA....Applied for SNA only.

Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear, and everyone tabled for a later date. Now to work on the Final select...my recruiter told me I can get all my medical eval. done with my own civilian doc and bypass MEPS...he sent me all the forms. Has anyone else done this?

So I noticed that gk335i applied for both March and April boards. I'm sure its been clarified before but I couldn't find the answer.. It is in fact possible to apply for two consecutive boards? And do you have to have the non-select results prior to applying for the next board? (assuming the package was improved).

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
Didn't know at the time - between submitting my application and getting the pro-rec I was diagnosed with multiple femoral stress fractures (damn marathon training). Doc says I'll be out of action for 3 months at a minimum, and my recruiter has told me that they won't hold my billet past the 30 days you're allowed to take your PRT and clear MEPS (which it sounds like I'll have to go through again). Believe me, I wouldn't have applied and taken a billet from someone else had I known back in March that I'd end up in this situation.
I was just wondering because something didn't click. And something still doesn't. I read somewhere that you already had MEPS cleared, so you were just waiting on taking the PRT. Even with multiple stress fractures, wouldn't running 1.5 miles not be that bad? I mean, sure, it'll set you back some, but you've got MONTHS before you leave for OCS. I would think that you wouldn't mind enduring the pain just to legitimize the pro-rec. I mean, if it was me, I'd ignore doctor's orders for that. I've had worse.

Lucy

Tuke is correct, I am a community college transfer student so no ACT/SAT scores were required. I haven't heard back yet about if I for sure need the scores, so hoping that is a no but we will see. I took the PSAT way back freshman year but have no clue other than I did just fine then.

I am not sure of the cirumstance, but you can be on two different months in a row, if it is for seperate desginators or if you got "tabled" which essentially means pushed to the next board whether due to numbers or for further review. Also, often it seems people think they were seen at a specific board, but in fact were not, whether due to paperwork issues, deadlines, etc. It is possible to be on say the July and September boards however. If able to resubmit for reconsideration through a significant change in you application(i.e. new ASTB, substantial GPA increase, sometimes O-5/O-6 interview, degree completion) and have it to TN by the due date, Aug 25, then that is possible.

Hope that helps!
Lucy

Lucy

With further checking, it seems that the extra requirement for the SAT/ACT scores is not a BDCP requirement, but rather a requirement some desginators want from their BDCP applicants. I am applying Intel, which does not list the scores as needed. Although, I am sure having done well of them would have been a plus.

Lucy

james23

With further checking, it seems that the extra requirement for the SAT/ACT scores is not a BDCP requirement, but rather a requirement some desginators want from their BDCP applicants. I am applying Intel, which does not list the scores as needed. Although, I am sure having done well of them would have been a plus.

Lucy

I hope they don't weigh the SAT scores heavily... because I did pretty poorly/average on them. Barely got into a University because of those scores... Hrmmm. just got to nail the ASTB I guess. Been studying for a good 4 months so hopefully I got it! So anxious to apply already

nba1290

I hope they don't weigh the SAT scores heavily... because I did pretty poorly/average on them. Barely got into a University because of those scores... Hrmmm. just got to nail the ASTB I guess. Been studying for a good 4 months so hopefully I got it! So anxious to apply already

Yeah, nail the ASTB and be sure your GPA is solid, that'll wipe out any doubts they have about your scores from when you were younger. If you have a few blemishes on your academic record, by showing you've improved from that time you will get respect from the boards for it. I heard of a guy get non-selected, wait six months, and then have an interview where he showed his improvement on his GPA graphically, that as soon as he was trying to become a pilot he turned his academic habits around. Guess what? He got in.

james23

Yeah, nail the ASTB and be sure your GPA is solid, that'll wipe out any doubts they have about your scores from when you were younger. If you have a few blemishes on your academic record, by showing you've improved from that time you will get respect from the boards for it. I heard of a guy get non-selected, wait six months, and then have an interview where he showed his improvement on his GPA graphically, that as soon as he was trying to become a pilot he turned his academic habits around. Guess what? He got in.

Thanks NBA, yeah I worked really hard this semester in college and nailed a 4.0. So overall I have a 3.7 GPA so I really want to get in this first try because next semester classes are a bit harder... and I don't know for sure if pulling off another 4.0 will be as easy.. I just don't want the board to think that I went downhill... :(

JONNY

SNA Final Select. I just got the call from my OR and he said the actual letter should come in about a week, but he said my OCS date is 3 OCT 2010. Good luck everyone!