• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
SNA Final Select. I just got the call from my OR and he said the actual letter should come in about a week, but he said my OCS date is 3 OCT 2010. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! I'm also a SNA & NFO pro-rec, choosing SNA, on this board. Wonder if I'll be in the same class. Spoke with the fleet processor a few days ago, and he said my final select was getting routed to be signed.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
I applied only for and was selected in the April boards for SNA. I never posted my stats, so here they are for future applicants.

25/m
DA SNA

PRT- 105 su, 100 pu, 10:30 1.5 mile (1st try)
ASTB- 7/7/7 61 1st try
LOR's- A USAF F-16 Pilot family friend, friend whom I worked with that is former Navy and worked with the SEALs, Chief Engineer at one of our manufacturing vendors, Martial Arts instructor for 11 years

University of California, Berkeley
BS- Mechanical Engineering
GPA- 2.9

Extracurricular
College:
Martial Arts (Judo, Muay Tai, and 2nd Degree Black belt in Kempo)

VP of Communications with SigEp

Current and Previous Employment:
-Manufacturing Engineer for the last two years.

Additional:
Private Pilots License, 79 hours in the airplane.

Over 250 hours instructing martial arts to ages 9 and up.

------
Was just given a tentative date of Oct 3.

boogerbrain

Anyone know which boards are meeting in July 2010 (specifically SWO, SWO/IP, and SWO/IW)? My OR appears to have been transfered, so I am unable to contact him (yesterday I wrote a letter to the officer formally in charge of my OR asking him or my new OR to contact me so I can retake the ASTB test, as well as add some new LORs, and resubmit my packet for the July boards).
Thanks.

Planeform

pilot
So I noticed that gk335i applied for both March and April boards. I'm sure its been clarified before but I couldn't find the answer.. It is in fact possible to apply for two consecutive boards? And do you have to have the non-select results prior to applying for the next board? (assuming the package was improved).

Sorry for the delayed response, I only actually applied for the April board...I was about 2 days late on March. When I posted in the March thread, I assumed my package was making it in on time, when my OR missed it by a few days. April was good to me though so no biggie! Got my medical done by a local doc, hopefully it passes thru the navy docs. I'll keep you guys posted on how not going through MEPS worked out...

matawa

Yes. My recruiter got mine today. If you haven't received yours yet I'd give them a call. I got my OCS date a couple of weeks ago. I think the flooding slowed things down but the dates should be out.
I swear in next Friday.

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
I'm still waiting for my final select letter. I already have a TS-SCI active clearance and completed MEPS and PRT on 19May10. I don't know what the hold up is but I assume cleanup around Millington is affecting the process a little. Anybody have any info on how I can check the status besides waiting for my recruiter to call? I was Pro-rec SNA BDCP for April. Recruiter said he sent everything off to Millington 21May10.

matawa

Not sure if anyone cares but I just found out that the NFO selection rate for April was ~14%. Good job to those that made it. If you didn't, I wouldn't worry too much. It's bound to rise in the future.