• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

tuke09

Hey Guys!
So I'm switching sides and coming to the April 2010 thread now. My app was reviewed at the March board and, (thank God!) I was not rejected like most of the hundreds of people - but, was not Pro-Rec'd. I have a feeling it was because I was way down on the list since my app was sent off on the very last cutoff day in Feb.
So here it is!
27/m
SWO
51 5/5/5
BA 3.2
Post BA 3.5
MA 3.9
-Many years in different leadership capacities, 5 years as a High School Band Director
-6 (I think very strong) LOR's (1 from an AF 0-5 (Ret) that I used to work with and was once a professor at the AF Academy)
...Back to the waiting game!!!
Good Luck Everyone! I hope we ALL get what we want and the Navy needs!

The April SWO results have been out for some time now, you should be able to find out if you were selected or not. Good Luck!

navygraig

LT Withrow
Hey Guys!
So I'm switching sides and coming to the April 2010 thread now. My app was reviewed at the March board and, (thank God!) I was not rejected like most of the hundreds of people - but, was not Pro-Rec'd. I have a feeling it was because I was way down on the list since my app was sent off on the very last cutoff day in Feb.
So here it is!
27/m
SWO
51 5/5/5
BA 3.2
Post BA 3.5
MA 3.9
-Many years in different leadership capacities, 5 years as a High School Band Director
-6 (I think very strong) LOR's (1 from an AF 0-5 (Ret) that I used to work with and was once a professor at the AF Academy)
...Back to the waiting game!!!
Good Luck Everyone! I hope we ALL get what we want and the Navy needs!

So that is my post from way long ago... How the hell did that guy repost it? I see his status says "banned." Anyway - tuke09 - I did get my results, thanks. Pro-Rec.

Anyway... that was weird.

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
Greetings folks,
I introduced myself yesterday on usnavyocs and would like to do the same here. I will be submitting a package to the July boards (hopefully) and will post stats soon. Of course when I start having questions my recruiter becomes MIA. I asked a question yesterday on usnavyocs that didn't seem to have a definitive answer. I am sure you guys can help me out over here being recent applicants to the April boards. I am wrapping up everything in my package, however do not still hold my official SAT scores from five years ago (nor do I remember exactly what I scored). On the officer app. after listing the schools attended, it asks for standardized test scores. I have heard mixed things about some guys not submitting them and others submitting them. So my questions are: Did all of you submit your standardized tests scores to the board? Is it required? Will they look unfavorably upon your app if you don't submit? Thanks for the help...

dcjohnsonjr1

None
I ran my final PRT got an OS high, medical scheduled for the 24th. It should go fairly easy and quick due to already having an active flight pyhsical through the Marine Corps and conducted at the same NOMI that I have gotten my previous three flight pyhsicals. Already got an active secret clearance so, I am hoping as soon as they get the deal in Millington sorted out I will get a final select letter. OR said to expect October, but I wouldn't mind leaving tomorrow...

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
I ran my final PRT got an OS high, medical scheduled for the 24th. It should go fairly easy and quick due to already having an active flight pyhsical through the Marine Corps and conducted at the same NOMI that I have gotten my previous three flight pyhsicals. Already got an active secret clearance so, I am hoping as soon as they get the deal in Millington sorted out I will get a final select letter. OR said to expect October, but I wouldn't mind leaving tomorrow...
Me too on leaving soon...

Greetings folks,
I introduced myself yesterday on usnavyocs and would like to do the same here. I will be submitting a package to the July boards (hopefully) and will post stats soon. Of course when I start having questions my recruiter becomes MIA. I asked a question yesterday on usnavyocs that didn't seem to have a definitive answer. I am sure you guys can help me out over here being recent applicants to the April boards. I am wrapping up everything in my package, however do not still hold my official SAT scores from five years ago (nor do I remember exactly what I scored). On the officer app. after listing the schools attended, it asks for standardized test scores. I have heard mixed things about some guys not submitting them and others submitting them. So my questions are: Did all of you submit your standardized tests scores to the board? Is it required? Will they look unfavorably upon your app if you don't submit? Thanks for the help...
My OR didn't seem to care about having the official SAT scores. I put what I got on the application, though I didn't include the official paperwork in the package.

I (applied only for and) was selected for SNA in this board.

So that is my post from way long ago... How the hell did that guy repost it? I see his status says "banned." Anyway - tuke09 - I did get my results, thanks. Pro-Rec.

Anyway... that was weird.
I'm guessing he's intentionally trying to mess with us. If you read his other posts they don't actually reference the topic at hand. If they do, it's very indirect and strange.

hmbeagle

On the officer app. after listing the schools attended, it asks for standardized test scores. I have heard mixed things about some guys not submitting them and others submitting them. So my questions are: Did all of you submit your standardized tests scores to the board? Is it required? Will they look unfavorably upon your app if you don't submit? Thanks for the help...

Don't know about requirements or how favorably the selection board looks at test scores, but I threw both my SAT and LSAT scores on my app. I figure that if the scores are particularly strong then it will definitely be in your favor, if only to substantiate ASTB scores and show that they weren't any sort of fluke. Not to say that the subject material is in any way comparable, just that you're a solid test-taker. Can't say with certainty, but I would imagine that GPA rates much higher than test scores in terms of overall application strength. FWIW, Pro-Rec'd in the April board for both SNA and SNFO, though going to have to let it expire for medical reasons :-(

tuke09

Greetings folks,
On the officer app. after listing the schools attended, it asks for standardized test scores. I have heard mixed things about some guys not submitting them and others submitting them. So my questions are: Did all of you submit your standardized tests scores to the board? Is it required? Will they look unfavorably upon your app if you don't submit? Thanks for the help...

They are required for BDCP applicants, but not required for regular OCS applicants, however if you have good scores it will definitely bode well for you. You can address why you did not include them in the comments section if you are worried about not including them. I for one never took the SAT or ACT. I did take the LSAT and included that score.

Lucy

I am a BDCP applicant and my recruiter has not mentioned anything about the SAT/ACT scores so maybe they preferred/suggested but not required. I never took them and have no scores to report.

tuke09

I am a BDCP applicant and my recruiter has not mentioned anything about the SAT/ACT scores so maybe they preferred/suggested but not required. I never took them and have no scores to report.

Ask your recruiter before you assume that they are preffered/suggested because both my processor and OR brought this up when it was time to put the finishing touches on the kit. At any rate, if you don't have them because you never took them, then I don't think they would hold that against you. If you didn't list them because you did not have strong scores then this would be a problem.

Lucy

I will double check. I know on the processing/checklist sheet there is a N/A option so maybe that is why. Also, in my list I was given of what I have to have to submit SAT/ACT scores were not on it. Will send the email though.

craftingraptor

Dreaming about the P-8A
pilot
Pro-Rec SNA/SNFO, chalk up another one for NRD San Francisco!

9/9/9 64
3.58 GPA from Boston College
3 strong employer LORs, no officer rec's though

I'm still in shock, congratulations to everyone and I'm looking forward to settling up my debts on the over/under!
Hey, so why did you apply if you knew you'd lose the pro-rec? I don't get that.

nba1290

Really? My recruiter stressed that I get my SAT scores pulled in time (takes like two weeks to get them) for May boards for BDCP. How'd you get into college anyway without taking those things?

nba1290

Active in college, V-pres of Pi Tau Sigma Mechanical Engineering honor society

Congrats on the pro-rec brotha, just wondering where you put stuff like this on your application, under the awards and recognition section? I feel like I have alot of extracurriculars to advertise but only five slots to do it in.

tuke09

How'd you get into college anyway without taking those things?

Just about all Universities will take transfer students from Community/City Colleges regardless having taken the SAT/ACT, granted your GPA is high enough. When I was looking at transferring from Community College to a 4 year School Only Columbia University wanted me to take a standardized test, specifically the ACT, and not the SAT.