• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2010 Boards

mjulian

Lingerer
I am trying so hard to have patience, I saw some pics of the flooding of the Naval Air Base in Millington, it looks to me like that base is going to be out of commission for a while. I can't imagine what all the people who live on the base must be going through, especially those with families. When I think about that, waiting doesn't seem so bad anymore. Still I check the forums and my email every 30 minutes, just in case.

no doubt about that. i wish the best for all of the people at Millington. i cant help feeling impatient and selfish tho. however, this is a very humbling experience and i can wait if it means safety for others

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Now to work on the Final select...my recruiter told me I can get all my medical eval. done with my own civilian doc and bypass MEPS...he sent me all the forms. Has anyone else done this?

No, but I didn't go to MEPS either. I had my medical eval done at the Medical Clinic on Great Lakes Naval Station which is just down the road from NRD Chicago. My recruiter said that MEPS is not mandatory, but people like to use them because they do so many PRECOM physicals. The Navy clinic I went to also did a lot of PRECOMs, so it was relatively easy to do it there. Granted this isn't the same as using your civilian doc, but if you use the DD2808 and DD2807 forms, it seems like it should be ok. However, it just seems more likely though that someone who is used to doing miliary physicals would be more approptiate. Just my two cents.

Planeform

pilot
Hey congrats dude!
What were your scores on the ASTB like? Just to get an idea although the whole person concept is what counts...

Thanks!! I'm pumped....here are some stats:

24/m
3.42 BS in Mechanical Engineering from UNM, 2008.
7/7/8 57 ASTB

LORs from:
O-6, Navy Nuke Capt.
Supervisor when i was an intern at Sandia National Labs, Chemical Engineer
O-3, current coworker @ NPTU
Current manager @ NPTU
Previous employer GM

Other notables:
Currently work in Naval Nuclear Power, training Officers how to run navy nuclear power plants
Q-cleared
Active in college, V-pres of Pi Tau Sigma Mechanical Engineering honor society
No major legal trouble of any kind (only speeding tickets)

Applied for SNA only.

Santi87

Nothing on my end yet...still waiting for MEPS to get my paperwork together and PFT scheduled with recruiter, should be able to in another few days.

Did anyone's recruiter give them expected OCS date, which classes are currently filling up? My OR said accessions for FY10 are pretty much closed out, but there's always the chance a slot may open up earlier than expected if anyone DOR's from the program (still all contingent on when an expected date would be in the first place, of which he said the processor could give an aproximation). Anybody hear otherwise?

JONNY

My OR estimated October. I'm fine with that. At least I have the entire summer to exercise and memorize...

He said final selects will be delayed slightly because of the flooding, but expected them to come out in about 3 weeks. Pure speculation though...

tuke09

Any final selects yet?

Final Selects usually take anywhere between 1-3 months after Pro Rec, sometimes longer if there are problems with getting the background check rolling, or waiver issues. I am still waiting on the April Board Intel results I don't think final selects will be happening anytime soon.

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
Final Selects usually take anywhere between 1-3 months after Pro Rec, sometimes longer if there are problems with getting the background check rolling, or waiver issues. I am still waiting on the April Board Intel results I don't think final selects will be happening anytime soon.

Gotcha. Since I'm a fleet applicant most of that stuff is done. I believe the only thing that needs to be checked is my medical information.

tuke09

Gotcha. Since I'm a fleet applicant most of that stuff is done. I believe the only thing that needs to be checked is my medical information.

:D
Yeah, then I take it you are familiar with the Navy's unofficial Motto "Hurry up and wait":icon_smil Hopefully you will hear back sooner than others in that case, although some posts I have read leave me with the impression that a lot of the waiting is just a matter of having your kit sit on some Admiral's desk for a month waiting to be signed. Who knows? At any rate, congrats on th Pro Rec, hopefully I will enter phase 2 of the waiting game in the coming week.

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
:D
Yeah, then I take it you are familiar with the Navy's unofficial Motto "Hurry up and wait":icon_smil Hopefully you will hear back sooner than others in that case, although some posts I have read leave me with the impression that a lot of the waiting is just a matter of having your kit sit on some Admiral's desk for a month waiting to be signed. Who knows? At any rate, congrats on th Pro Rec, hopefully I will enter phase 2 of the waiting game in the coming week.

The waiting game is not an efficient, but oh well. It is what it is. Thanks for the congrats and best of luck to you!

tuke09

Hopefully the April Intel results will come out before the May boards convene....
The strains of anticipation, plus I have final exams this week, I just want to know one way or another so that its out of my mind. Arrgh.

tuke09

I took the ASVAB this evening, scored a 95 and qualified for every enlisted job that does not have an age requirement. I don't know why the ASTB gave me such a hard time, it didn't seem like there was much difference in the types of questions in the Math, and Mechanical Comp Sections. I'm enlisting if the April INTEL results do not come back in my favor.

flager

Banned
Hey Guys!
So I'm switching sides and coming to the April 2010 thread now. My app was reviewed at the March board and, (thank God!) I was not rejected like most of the hundreds of people - but, was not Pro-Rec'd. I have a feeling it was because I was way down on the list since my app was sent off on the very last cutoff day in Feb.
So here it is!
27/m
SWO
51 5/5/5
BA 3.2
Post BA 3.5
MA 3.9
-Many years in different leadership capacities, 5 years as a High School Band Director
-6 (I think very strong) LOR's (1 from an AF 0-5 (Ret) that I used to work with and was once a professor at the AF Academy)
...Back to the waiting game!!!
Good Luck Everyone! I hope we ALL get what we want and the Navy needs!