• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 15 Selection Board

stew47

No disrespect Heyjoe, but I'm just disappointed that this happend to me. Anybody would be that is in my position. Sorry for the attitude. It won't happen again.

I'm sorry for not making myself clear with that question. I meant to ask if there was any process I could go through so that they can look at my package because of my situation. I realize I have to wait now and have accepted that.

You're right about taking this one step at a time, but I'm applying for BDCP. That means if accepted, I will be paid for the rest of my time in college. I plan to use this money to pay off my loans. That is why one more month means a lot. Again, nothing personal, but that is why I'm applying for BDCP.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any suggestions?

Yes. Be humble. Be gracious.

You are not owed anything and no one cares how hard you worked to get your package in on time. It was expected of you.

You show up to a commissioning program with this attitude and I have a feeling you're in for a very new reality.

Chill out.

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Just because you were dealt a bad hand, doesn't mean that it's all bad.

I applied for the AVROC program in the late '60s. They lost my paperwork, and made me re-apply, which meant that I didn't go to Pensacola that summer. In the meantime, the program changed and went from two six-week summers to one eight-week summer and then a return after graduation for the final 8 weks. I was in the first group of the "one summer" folks. The candidates whom I would have gone in with were forced to sit out one summer, graduate from college, and then be integrated with a regular class in their 3rd week, which meant that they "lost" three weeks (they had gone six weeks for their first summer). (As sort of payback, they were commissioned at 12 weeks, instead of 16 weeks, like everyone else).

In retrospect, I got the better deal, even though it was a bummer when it happened.

Just my story... your milage may vary...

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Well, to look at the blindingly bright side,

At least you know something...still waiting.

flopper

Funny you guys are trying to call/text your recruiter on a weekend. You're telling me that you can't wait 48 hours? You have waited this long already...At least enjoy this time knowing that the majority of the process is done and that you did everything that you could do to send up the best package possible (hopefully)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I just did what I could to get in contact with my recruiter. I didn't cross the line, and I made sure to acknowledge the fact that he, too, has a life. I don't have much choice in he matter - I'll find out when I find out, I'm just excited to learn my fate.

Here's to finding out soon!

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Ok Stew, if you think you have it bad with that minor error, maybe you should hear what myself and I am sure others have had to deal with.
For starters I had to drive home from college (5 hrs) 2 times in a week to sign different papers only to find out there was something else I needed to sign that my recruiter forgot about after I got back to school the 2nd time. My recruiter put my choices in the wrong order so when I got selected BDCP SWO as my "first" choice, I would have had to re-enter my package the next month to get what I actually wanted which was BDCP Supply. Oh wait, it gets better, I did everything and anything my recruiter told me to do ASAP, yet for some reason it took 8 months to get my packet in because each time we went to put my packet in they found something was missing. Since it took so long to turn in, I later found out I wasn't even still eligible for BDCP because I had less than a year of college left. (But don't worry it all ended up working out)
Moral of story: Stop your whining, be patient, and be glad it was only that one mistake because trust me, it could be a lot worse. It will all work out in the end!!
Good Luck.

stew47

Well, to look at the blindingly bright side,

At least you know something...still waiting.

You're right, I am still waiting so that is great news. I'm also glad I got to see other people's stories similar to mine. Just needed the encouragement, thanks.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
wait you're not eligible if you only have less than a year of college left?

Nope, you are not eligible if you have less than 12 months of college to complete. I thought it seemed illogical but that is how it goes. Since I am on a full athletic scholarship I ended up taking an extra semester of college so that I could get into BDCP because the money sure is nice.