• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 15 Selection Board

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I can't wait anymore for someone else to get this started, sorry! :D Who is going up for the board in 9 days? Hopefully we will hear something soon. The past few months have been fairly speedy.

navy_or_bust

I am up for the boards this months. For some reason did not make it last month which has made the wait pretty much unbearable. Anyway here are my stats for the April boards.

Program BDCP
Age 20
ASTB 7/8/7 58
GPA 3.01 engineering (3.11 if they can get my updated grades in time)
LOR 2 previous employers and an Army SF O-3
Flying 215 hours with instrument rating
1st SNA 2nd SNFO 3rd SWO

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Wow that makes me feel like crap.

Age 22
ASTB 6/7/6 53
GPA 3.3 Music Industry - Business Minor
LOR 2 employers, 1 former prof., USN O5 Ret., USN O4 Active - both pilots
0 flight hours
SNA SNFO SWO

stew47

BDCP
Age 21
OAR 51
GPA 3.3 Sport Management
LOR 1 Army COL, 1 Air Force Lt. Col., 2 Academic Advisors, 1 Senator
SuppO, SWO

stew47

If most are applying for BDCP, I can imagine they are delaying the process so they can study for finals. Then during the summer, most will get their stuff together and submit it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
you too man... I probably have the weirdest package of all time. I'm 25, I started college in 2001 and after the first semester (3.2) I had subsequent semesters of 1.5 , 1.0 semesters...if that was not bad enough I topped it off with a semester of a sub 1.0 GPA..I was lazy as hell. So I took a year off from school to get refocused. The last 3 semesters have all been above 3.0 so my GPA right now is 2.4..I graduate this May and after my mid-terms I should finish with a 3.5 this semester which should boost my overrall GPA up to 2.7 2.8 range...which isnt good big picture, but considering where it was is awesome.

My ASTB scores were 5/6/5 41 A little on the low end I know
110 Hours of flying time
HS National Honor Society (believe it or not! )
US Under 17 youth national soccer team (1997-98)
US Region team-soccer (97-2000)
Captain of my highschool soccer team Fresh-Senior year
2 years NROTC - various billets (squad leader, platoon commander) etc..

Most of my motivational statement was written about how I have matured and learned from certain situations..core values..and what they mean to me..Officer first pilot second mentality etc etc...

Lovefest over :sleep_125:sleep_125

- BoomerSooner OUT

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Oh and I have a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management from the University of Oklahoma

Insomneo

I too am applying in the April 15th boards. Some stats on me:

1)SNA 2) SNFO 3)Intel

55 OAR
6/7/7

3.25 GPA in Political Philosophy (May increase after this final semester of mine)

PRT: Outstanding Low

6 LoR's: 2 previous Navy Pilots [1 0-6, 1 0-3], 1 retired Navy SWO (0-4), 1 previous Army Officer (0-3), 1 retired USAF enlisted E-9, and 1 Lawyer with partners endorsement from a successful law firm.

Flight Experience:None, other than Microsoft Flight Sim and Falcon 4.0 . . . although I did take a Private Pilot Ground School and received an Endorsement for the FAA Exam (Which helped greatly on the aviation portions of the ASTB if anyone is looking for advice on that.)

Wish to leave for OCS if accepted any date after June 30th. I would say ASAP but my recruiter suggested that I take a month or two off.

Sorry for my delayed reply, I recently checked the spam section of my email and found that the activation email was sent there. Good to finally be able to post!

Good luck to all others who apply. I am sure we all have a good chance, so long as all the other applicant's aren't Captain America's :icon_wink.

Fiasco1101

FINAL SELECT
Not really a Captain America...always considered myself more of a Batman kind of guy...jokes

SNA/SNFO
23M
6/6/5 51

PRT: Excellent Medium
BS Architecture University of Notre Dame
GPA: 3.232
4 LORs (1 Pilot, 1 Nuke, 1 Army Officer (ret.), one other)

Flight Experience: I second Insomneo on the videogames...but 0hrs flight time

According to my OSO we were cutting it close getting my app. package submitted so there are no guarantees that it will be up for the 15 April board and may get pushed to mid-May...but one can hope. If not I'm hoping to get a couple more LORs to help the cause and potentially improve on the PRT. Good luck everybody

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yeah, I too would like to improve on my PRT. I think I was trying to rush and get my package in by the 01 April deadline. I scored a Good Medium, however I had a lot of things going on, I was taking the ASTB that week, and I had two midterms that were HUGE and right after the PRT I had to run home, shower, and change to get to my grandmother's funeral who had died that prior week (March 22nd) I did the PRT on the 27th and took the ASTB on the 28th!!! :eek:...but hey we all have life circumstances so, no bitching here. I'm actually glad I got everything in by the date to be honest..

That being said, you never know if you'll get selected without sending out the package, so hey why not? Good luck to everyone and I hope to see all of you selected next week :)

- BoomerSooner OUT