• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

admyj0609

Pro-Rec SWO
non-select sna. bummer.

"what happens when we fall of the horse derek? we get back up!"
"sorry, maury. i'm not a gymnist"

i'm throwing everything (including the kitchen sink) at improving my app and reapplying. i'm confident i can improve my astb (6/6/7 55). i'm retaking it in one month. my LOR were from teachers, coaches, profs...people who knew me well but didn't have any military ties. i'm gonna get some interviews set up with people i have loose ties with in hopes of getting LORs.

highlights (or lowlights) of what my OR said:
-there basically aren't any spots left for 09
-he was 13 for 13 on getting his guys in, but was 0 for 4 this board (i think he meant for all applicants, not just sna)
-you're 23 and if you want it bad enough, you got four more years to get in
-a specific applicant had a 3.8 gpa, was captain of college track team, and had a crazy amount of flight hours was non-select too.

Can you please confirm that some of the board results are out....Plus where did you get the results from. Im sorry for the questions but some of us are really getting paranoid with the wait.

Big Biff

Got Em
I haven't heard anything from my OR. If they were out of SNA slots for 09, why couldn't they just slot you for an fy10 sna slot after Oct 1?

_hooyah_

April results are not out yet as of Tuesday. Everything you are hearing are rumors, so keep your cool and maintain that swag.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
JUST talked in person with my OR as well as his CO and a Master Chief, and they said FY09 is COMPLETELY filled up. There are ZERO applicants being considered for FY09. He said they HAVE begun pre-selecting for FY10 though. So throw that rumor out the window..bad news on that is you will NOT be going to OCS before July 2 I think it is. As of 1800 the boards have NOT released any information on selection so if you've heard, its 90% BS...at least thats what the dudes I talked to have told me...

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
...oh on that note... FY09 apps are completely full for ALL programs not just SNA, only programs available for FY09 is NUPOC dudes.

m26

Contributor
JUST talked in person with my OR as well as his CO and a Master Chief, and they said FY09 is COMPLETELY filled up. There are ZERO applicants being considered for FY09. He said they HAVE begun pre-selecting for FY10 though.

I wonder how that affects BDCP, if you apply now but would go to OCS in 10/11/12.

When does FY09 roll over into FY10? Can someone translate that into English?

:confused:

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
how does that work if you are up for the May boards? Can you still get selected for SNA? And if so what kind of timeframe are you talking for OCS?

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
the fiscal year ends at the end of september. i have no idea what that means for the april or may boards. does that mean we can get selected at the boards, but wont be able to go to ocs before september?

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Supply filled their FY-09 quota at the November boards (I believe); the Feb boards were the first boards for FY-10 selections.

This must be the last batch of FY-09 selects for aviation and SWO... they would not have had a board if they were not going to select anyone. Either that or April boards are the first batch of FY-10 selects.

Either or, there better be some selections or I just might that you up on that offer to drive down to Millington :icon_rage!!

Big Biff

Got Em
If you are selected, the earliest date for OCS would be whatever is the first class that gets commissioned after 1 October, So I think that is the middle to end of July assuming it isn't already filled up with yet. I don't see them throwing out everyone's pro-rec'd because this year is full, they just assign you to a fall OCS class.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
props to biff...thats exactly what they told me...just cause fy09 was full...dont lose hope. you would be selected for FY10 which means the earliest you would go to OCS is mid-late July as Biff said. The people already pro recd have already been considered for this..

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
if i am hearing correctly, as far as the "fiscal year" is considered, it's dependent on the date which you'd graduate from ocs and get your commission, NOT the date when you get pro-rec'd or start ocs

in that case it doesn't seem out of the ordinary that slots for fy09 are already full

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Supply filled their FY-09 quota at the November boards (I believe); the Feb boards were the first boards for FY-10 selections.

This must be the last batch of FY-09 selects for aviation and SWO... they would not have had a board if they were not going to select anyone. Either that or April boards are the first batch of FY-10 selects.

Either or, there better be some selections or I just might that you up on that offer to drive down to Millington :icon_rage!!
Sorry if this is threadjacking but I came across the last few comments on this thread and need a little clarification.

I just read that last comment you made about Supply filling their FY-09 quota in November, what does that mean for the people pro-rec'd after that date? I was pro-rec'd for Supply in February and got my PRT and MEPS done about five weeks ago. I was hoping for an OCS class sometime in the next few months, am I understanding correctly that the Navy is going to hold off on putting me in a class or final selecting me until July because I was pre-selected for FY-10?