• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

rbwill2

i usually don't sweat stuff i can't handle, but that is definitely NOT the case right now...up to the point where my performance saturday at the bar was affected. i guess i'll have to chill and drink some ice water tonight and watch my boy jack mess some up some bad guys...and HOPE for good news soon.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
I say just wait and see...none of us REALLY know how many apps went in and they are reviewing. There very well may be a light load this month but theyre looking more into the detail of people's apps. I say dont sweat it...and if you do, go take a shot, relax, and watch more speed and angles. :) (thats what I do anyways)

CJ21S

E-2 Bubba
pilot
Alright this might be a dumb question and it might not.
I think that I have completed everything for being final selected. I know I shouldn't be counting my eggs before they hatch but I have done my PRT and gone through MEPS. Let's say (more like pray) I get pro-rec'ed, what else is left before I become a final select?

CJ21S

E-2 Bubba
pilot
I think so,
I had to fill out some ridiculously long online program that asked things like where I had lived the past seven years and if someone could verify it. I am pretty positive it was for security clearence

lg106

Yea I filled out all of that paperwork too, my OR said that once you complete all of your SF86 paperwork it takes some time to finish because the clearance is contracted out to a company to complete, after they complete your background check and call your references and what not you should be able to confirm that it has been completed through your recruiter and that you have now been granted your clearance. I did get the impression though that this unfortunately could take a couple of months.

Big Biff

Got Em
Assuming no hiccups such as prior arrests or financial delinquincy, a Secret clearence generally takes between 2 and 4 months to process. The question is, however, do they begin processing it after you Pro-Rec'd or do they begin processing it when you sign it the SF-86? I don't see the Navy allowing it to be processed if they reject your package, but then again, the military does alot of things that do not make financial sense.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
The question is, however, do they begin processing it after you Pro-Rec'd or do they begin processing it when you sign it the SF-86?quote]

OR's have you fill it alll out to be organized, signed all my sf-86 long before pro-rec and then had to redo the signature pages. Outside federal contractor(not the navy) does the security clearance, which cost budget money, so not until after. once your meps, prt and security investigation is opened the give final selects...roughly how it goes

rbwill2

Assuming no hiccups such as prior arrests or financial delinquincy

what happens if they do find something they don't like? i don't have any skeletons in my closet or anything, but (here comes my paranoia) what if you find out you have something like identity theft and owe mastercard $3,000...or something like you find out you have unpaid parking tickets or a stupid medical thing?

please tell me i'm just being paranoid.

SWOHopeful

what happens if they do find something they don't like? i don't have any skeletons in my closet or anything, but (here comes my paranoia) what if you find out you have something like identity theft and owe mastercard $3,000...or something like you find out you have unpaid parking tickets or a stupid medical thing?

Just Relax

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN

Just pull up your credit report for all three companies. Go to Freecreditreport.com or something and you can get all three. Then you will know if something is wrong with your credit... don't wait for the Navy to say "non-select due to pis-poor credit" or "credit collection" or something like that. You should always know credit history, at least pull it up every 3 months to check it!!

swerdna

None
Contributor
Just pull up your credit report for all three companies. Go to Freecreditreport.com or something and you can get all three. Then you will know if something is wrong with your credit... don't wait for the Navy to say "non-select due to pis-poor credit" or "credit collection" or something like that. You should always know credit history, at least pull it up every 3 months to check it!!

Don't forget that everyone is entitled to a free credit report each year from each agency.

The website is www.annualcreditreport.com

freecreditreport.com is registered through experian and I think that you have to pay for it.

When getting your annual reports, you shouldn't have to input any credit card info. If they are asking you for credit card info, you probably clicked on the wrong site.

Big Biff

Got Em
When you pull up your credit report, make sure you don't "accidentally" not nonselect the credit protection package that these companies make their money on. Otherwise you will see a nice little $10-$15 dollar reoccuring charge every month. They have gotten me twice with it.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor

BAD BAD Gouge.

Swerd has better info for you. FCR make their money doing in one step what you could for free in 3 steps and some patience. They're hell to deal with and cancel from

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Well looks like I got pushed into May as well. To confirm what Renegade said, my OR told me there was a massive number of applications for the month of April. One more month of waiting for me but at least I know when I'll be seen.