• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 09 Boards

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
My OR checked the list of who is being seen for this month and I'm not on it. Now, I was told that there still is a possibility I made this month but I won't know until the results are out and that won't be for awhile longer.

ep59215

I figured I post my stats for the position i'm applying for.

Applied for NA, NFO, SWO
22 Years old
GPA 3.6 Aviation Science B.S.
3 LOR (1 from a former Navy supply officer)
50 OAR/6/7/5
Commercial Pilot Liscence w/ Multi & Inst. Rating
Flight Instructor Rating
1000+ Total Time Hours
22 Multi

Worked as a file clerk at a law firm while in college and acquired my ratings and then became a flight instructor while still finishing up my junior and senior years.

Civil Air Patrol Captain
3rd place varsity wrestling
State Championship Football Junior and Senior yrs

I am eager to hear back from the board just like all of you are.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
BAD BAD Gouge.

Swerd has better info for you. FCR make their money doing in one step what you could for free in 3 steps and some patience. They're hell to deal with and cancel from

-1 for not reading the rest of my post :icon_rage.

I said you should also check your credit for all 3 at least every 3 months; I also said FCR or something can do that for you.

Anyway...

SWOHopeful

I said you should also check your credit for all 3 at least every 3 months; I also said FCR or something can do that for you.

Anyway...

Renegade, I need you to focus on getting those results out sooner please. Thank you. That is all :D

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
i thought i had been bumped to the may boards, but my OR is pretty confident my package made it to the april boards, just spoke with him a few minutes ago and he hasn't seen anything posted. i'm begining to go crazy waiting with all the rest of you. here are my stats, sorry i didn't post them earlier...

OCS - SWO only
27/M
no prior service
ASTB 69/9/9/9
PRT - excellent low
B.A. Biology, 3.06 GPA, Colorado College
M.S. Human Genetics, 3.54 GPA, University of Utah
LOR's: O-3 navy pilot (retired), 2 professors (essentially bosses/supervisors)
~60 hr flight time in 172, just short of PP license
extracurriculars: martial arts in high school, served on disciplinary committee during college
-didn't get an interview at nuclear reactors in march, reapplying for SWO
-MJ use 3x 2yr ago, waiver approved by NR (i dont need one for SWO, but it may look good that the waiver was approved by the nukes)
-underage consumption 19 yo

i'm hopefull that i will get picked up this month, but if i don't does anybody have any recommendations on how i would go about improving my package, and how long i would have to wait before reapplying?

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor

Anyway...

My sincerest apologies. I just wanted to call attention to Swerd's post. No malice meant. Won't happen again.

I should probably add that my sister got stung with FCR a few weeks ago and it took us along time to get her free of that mess, thats where my strong sentiments about this issue.

Anyways, I'll go back to the corner now.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
i thought i had been bumped to the may boards, but my OR is pretty confident my package made it to the april boards, just spoke with him a few minutes ago and he hasn't seen anything posted. i'm begining to go crazy waiting with all the rest of you. here are my stats, sorry i didn't post them earlier...

OCS - SWO only
27/M
no prior service
ASTB 69/9/9/9
PRT - excellent low
B.A. Biology, 3.06 GPA, Colorado College
M.S. Human Genetics, 3.54 GPA, University of Utah
LOR's: O-3 navy pilot (retired), 2 professors (essentially bosses/supervisors)
~60 hr flight time in 172, just short of PP license
extracurriculars: martial arts in high school, served on disciplinary committee during college
-didn't get an interview at nuclear reactors in march, reapplying for SWO
-MJ use 3x 2yr ago, waiver approved by NR (i dont need one for SWO, but it may look good that the waiver was approved by the nukes)
-underage consumption 19 yo

i'm hopefull that i will get picked up this month, but if i don't does anybody have any recommendations on how i would go about improving my package, and how long i would have to wait before reapplying?

Why don't you go aviation; you got the stats for it? I believe you are too old for pilot (27 is the cut-off, right?) but you should be good to go for NFO - if SWO doesn't take you. But if you want SWO, maybe interviews from senior SWOs may help. They are not required for you civilians (mandatory for us AD bubbas), so having some could help your chances - just a thought!

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
i think i would like SWO better than NFO, but if i dont get picked up for SWO i may reapply AGAIN for NFO; my OR told me i was too old for NFO, but i am not sure if he was correct.

how would i go about getting letters of rec from high ranking SWOs? i live in utah, i dont think there are a whole lotta SWOs close to me. thanks for the imput :thumbup_1

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
My sincerest apologies. I just wanted to call attention to Swerd's post. No malice meant. Won't happen again.

I should probably add that my sister got stung with FCR a few weeks ago and it took us along time to get her free of that mess, thats where my strong sentiments about this issue.

Anyways, I'll go back to the corner now.

No problem! We try to stay away from verbal battles or bashing each other in these types of threads. Think of it as the "kindler, gentler" part of AW ;).

rbwill2

non-select sna. bummer.

"what happens when we fall of the horse derek? we get back up!"
"sorry, maury. i'm not a gymnist"

i'm throwing everything (including the kitchen sink) at improving my app and reapplying. i'm confident i can improve my astb (6/6/7 55). i'm retaking it in one month. my LOR were from teachers, coaches, profs...people who knew me well but didn't have any military ties. i'm gonna get some interviews set up with people i have loose ties with in hopes of getting LORs.

highlights (or lowlights) of what my OR said:
-there basically aren't any spots left for 09
-he was 13 for 13 on getting his guys in, but was 0 for 4 this board (i think he meant for all applicants, not just sna)
-you're 23 and if you want it bad enough, you got four more years to get in
-a specific applicant had a 3.8 gpa, was captain of college track team, and had a crazy amount of flight hours was non-select too.