• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
I heard that it was like the top 100 or something that didn't have to do interviews. The guys who would get what they wanted anyways. You are going to always have those guys that fail out of nuke school, flight school, and look like crap at TBS. And lately guys that don't make it through BUD/S either.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
rjack14 said:
I heard that it was like the top 100 or something that didn't have to do interviews. The guys who would get what they wanted anyways.

Nope, not anymore. Maybe they'll change it back in a few years.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Wow.... how quickly things change in two years! I saw that place going all PC right before I graduated. Good thing I graduated when I did. We did interviews, but I think they were pretty worthless, except in my case. My year, there were an abundance of NFO slots, so if you wanted pilot and didn't get it, you would get NFO. Some swo-wannabees were turned away to be FO's. It was crazy. Me being near the bottom of the class secured my NFO slot. Luckily, my interview gave me a key contact that helped me eventually pick up a pilot slot right after service selection. It's sad that the interview system has either no bearing on one's assignment, or has disappeared completely. Class rank has nothing to do with how you will do in your respective school. I am proof of that. It's really sad that numbers (most of which are subjective) are what determine your lot in life as a Naval officer vice what actual abilities you have.

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
I talked to people that were in the top half and had to interview still for things such as pilot and nfo. I am with the bottom of your class and top of your flight school class group. And lots of people who thought they were going to be pilots cause they were at the top are now going to be nfos. And of course most have a bad attitude. For all you prospective pilots, if you want aviation bad enough you will do it anyway you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.