• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
For those of you on Navy OCS, what are the stats looking like of the people who were accepted?
It'll take me a minute to check, the user interface isn't as easy to navigate as it is here. For the record, I think the majority are AD

For those of you on Navy OCS, what are the stats looking like of the people who were accepted?

I've been comparing my stats to those who have been selected, and it's pretty similar here as it is on NavyOCS. The average selection GPA seems to be ~3.4. I say average because it seems that people either have a 3.1-3.2 or they have a 3.7-3.8. ASTB scores all in the upper band (6+/6+/6+) and OARs of 54+ for SWO and NFO. Stupid high stats for pro-rec SNAs.

It'll take me a minute to check, the user interface isn't as easy to navigate as it is here. For the record, I think the majority are AD

This is also seeming pretty accurate.

I'm still waiting. :(

Also, can anyone shed light on whether or not Kaiser and I will hear back from the Dec. boards since we're also up for Feb. boards? I was under the impression that an applicant COULD receive results from an earlier board ahead of the others, but Kaiser's OR said the opposite. NavyOffRec? Anybody? I'm going crazy here...

AJD

API all day
West coaster here and I just got the call saying I am pro rec'd for SNA/NFO. I had ASTB scores of 7/7/7 and an OAR of 61. GPA 3.3 in Aerospace Engineering. My recruiter said he thinks final select documents won't come through till after the holidays and that OCS likely won't happen until March or later for me.

Good luck everybody!

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Congrats! Any thoughts on what the new avatar will be?

If the new avatar reflects the joy in my heart, it will be a naked me dancing with a traffic cone on my head in the middle of the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium. But since I like AW and want to keep my account, I'll have to think on it...

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I've been comparing my stats to those who have been selected, and it's pretty similar here as it is on NavyOCS. The average selection GPA seems to be ~3.4. I say average because it seems that people either have a 3.1-3.2 or they have a 3.7-3.8. ASTB scores all in the upper band (6+/6+/6+) and OARs of 54+ for SWO and NFO. Stupid high stats for pro-rec SNAs.

What are the non selects looking like? So far everyone here is either pro-rec for something or hasn't heard.

What are the non selects looking like? So far everyone here is either pro-rec for something or hasn't heard.

I only saw two non-selects. One was a 29-year-old prior trying to get in for SWO. OAR of 50 and 3.4 gpa.
The other was another prior, no age on him, but 8yrs AD with all P evals, 3.0 BS and 3.74 MS gpas. 54 OAR.

Yes, I have both tabs open.

crkemt

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS 27JAN2012
Yes, I have both tabs open.

No shame... I am sitting at work with the same.. My productivity dropped to zero when that first post went out... I feel like running to the rooftop and screaming...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Reactions: AJD
Any idea what the majors or astbs of the NS's are?

No ASTBs on either. They both only mentioned that they were up for SWO this time, so I imagine that's why. The one with the master's had his bachelor's in nuclear engineering and a master's in science management. The 29-year-old's bachelor's is in info technology systems management.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
This is killin' me...

I have an exam in an hour and the only thing I care about is getting a call from my OR. :mad: