• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Yeah I know theres a risk of getting hurt.... which makes me extra cautious now.... I just didn't realize you could submit without MEPS... no fun at all FYI.

They keep flip flopping on the requirement for it - I'm glad I got it out of the way. There are a number of people in this thread who thought they couldn't submit until they decided to postpone the rule until the next board.

The first time I went to MEPS there was a paperwork screwup and so I drove all the way to Phoenix, spent the night at the hotel, showed up and they sent me away. My OR was not a happy camper at all. I went back the next week and managed to be out before lunch somehow. A 2 hour drive is probably nothing compared to what some people have to do for MEPS.

When did yall actually submit you packages.... I only ask cause I have not heard from security clearence. Also what medical is there before ocs other than MEPS the first time around?

My documents were due in to my recruiter on 07 OCT. As of 23 OCT, we were still making updates to my sf86, so I don't think my stuff was submitted to the NRD until late Oct/early Nov. My N3M is already in. I didn't go to MEPS; my recruiter just had my precomissioning physical done at Portsmouth Naval Hospital, but I'm set.

I'm glad it is Jan/Feb and not just Jan now.

Some of you might have earlier availability dates than others, and so perhaps they are trying to get those people checked first. Regardless, I think it is safe to say that if we were Pro-Rec'd we'd know it.

My availability was basically "immediately." Jan/Feb is what my recruiter said over the phone. I don't think 06 Jan 13 is realistic for me judging by my security investigation still being underway and the holiday coming up. I also don't kow how urgent the situation is with SWO. I've heard it's pilots they're really after.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
They keep flip flopping on the requirement for it - I'm glad I got it out of the way. There are a number of people in this thread who thought they couldn't submit until they decided to postpone the rule until the next board.

The first time I went to MEPS there was a paperwork screwup and so I drove all the way to Phoenix, spent the night at the hotel, showed up and they sent me away. My OR was not a happy camper at all. I went back the next week and managed to be out before lunch somehow. A 2 hour drive is probably nothing compared to what some people have to do for MEPS.

Same thing MEPS wise.... drove there... OR forgot to mention I needed my passport which I should have looked and known. Had to go back another time I was done by 12, although for some reason the camera broke so they couldn't get my picture so I had to go the police station near my house and get finger printed and photoed and then give those to my recruiter who passed them on to MEPS. Fun Fun.

Same thing MEPS wise.... drove there... OR forgot to mention I needed my passport which I should have looked and known. Had to go back another time I was done by 12, although for some reason the camera broke so they couldn't get my picture so I had to go the police station near my house and get finger printed and photoed and then give those to my recruiter who passed them on to MEPS. Fun Fun.

My recruiter fingerprinted me in his office. I didn't have my picture taken for anything... Maybe this means I'm NOT done after all. :confused:

Kaiser

OCS 23 JUN 2013
Greetings, all. First post from a long-time lurker.

Applying for SNA/NFO/SWO/INTEL for the 3 December board and the 4 February boards.

My availability date isn't until October 2013--that being said, I completed my application package in October and my Security Clearance investigation began shortly after. I assume it was completed in a few weeks. I find it interesting that it seems so random. It must not be by availability dates if they rushed mine through and not others who have availability dates of Jan/Feb/Mar.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Greetings, all. First post from a long-time lurker.

Applying for SNA/NFO/SWO/INTEL for the 3 December board and the 4 February boards.

My availability date isn't until October 2013--that being said, I completed my application package in October and my Security Clearance investigation began shortly after. I assume it was completed in a few weeks. I find it interesting that it seems so random. It must not be by availability dates if they rushed mine through and not others who have availability dates of Jan/Feb/Mar.

Welcome aboard!

I think your early clearance check might be because you are going intel? I could have sworn I read something that said they get a TS from the git-go, or it just seemed that intel candidates were more likely to get the clearance out of the way first.

My recruiter fingerprinted me in his office. I didn't have my picture taken for anything... Maybe this means I'm NOT done after all. :confused:

I think the photo might be a MEPS thing. They are one system that can cover anyone going into the military, but usually only do officer applicants when they are non-ROTC or non-academy. I should imagine that you are ok since you have your N3M done.

My documents were due in to my recruiter on 07 OCT. As of 23 OCT, we were still making updates to my sf86, so I don't think my stuff was submitted to the NRD until late Oct/early Nov. My N3M is already in. I didn't go to MEPS; my recruiter just had my precomissioning physical done at Portsmouth Naval Hospital, but I'm set.

Portsmouth Naval Hospital? I used to live in that neck of the woods-ish. Went to CNU for undergrad, lived across from the Newport News shipyard my senior year.

Kaiser

OCS 23 JUN 2013
Welcome aboard!

I think your early clearance check might be because you are going intel? I could have sworn I read something that said they get a TS from the git-go, or it just seemed that intel candidates were more likely to get the clearance out of the way first.

You very well may be right with that assessment! As a side note, the process is fascinating in a thank-God-I'm-not-being-investigated-for-a-crime sort of way. Watching the bureaucratic inertia was mind-boggling. One day they had contacted me, the next they had contacted about twenty of my friends and coworkers. Let's hope they all said positive things.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I had my photo and prints taken at MEPS. Got there bright and early at 0600 and was there until around 1300. Loooong, long day.

Hmm, I failed to mention that I'm up for IW/Intel in February as well. Probably because I'm hoping my packet will never make it there because SWO will pick me up. I feel like its bad ju-ju to be thinking about those boards any time soon.

Portsmouth Naval Hospital? I used to live in that neck of the woods-ish. Went to CNU for undergrad, lived across from the Newport News shipyard my senior year.

Born and raised in VB! I stayed around and went to Virginia Wesleyan for my undergrad, and I started my masters at ODU. I haven't been away from this area for more than 5 days at a time; I'm hoping the Navy will change that!

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
...I see. Because I just got a call from the background check lady, and she wants to meet me next Tuesday at my recruiting station for the interview.

Should I be popping that pro-rec boner right now? My recruiter was radio silent on the issue when I called him to let him know.

The timeline for a security clearance has absolutely NOTHING to do with selection.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
The funny thing is, it actually isn't even done yet. I still have to go back because I was a bit overweight the first time. Thankfully I don't have to go through the whole process again though.

Ha the duck walk is my lasting memory. Actually its still not over.... its just not called MEPS anymore...

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Born and raised in VB! I stayed around and went to Virginia Wesleyan for my undergrad, and I started my masters at ODU. I haven't been away from this area for more than 5 days at a time; I'm hoping the Navy will change that!

Haha, you picked the wrong branch of the military if you're trying to get out of Hampton Roads!