• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Before Final Select, but not before pro-rec.

...I see. Because I just got a call from the background check lady, and she wants to meet me next Tuesday at my recruiting station for the interview.

Should I be popping that pro-rec boner right now? My recruiter was radio silent on the issue when I called him to let him know.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
It says "Active O-7 line (URL/Intel/a bunch of other designators)" - I think that might be referring to promotions to Rear Admiral within the same communities as our board. The entire list has a lot of stuff that looks to have nothing to do with OCS accessions.

I see.... I just also saw they have one the same time as the March board so I figured maybe it was for us. I hope it isn't and we find out before the holidays.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
...I see. Because I just got a call from the background check lady, and she wants to meet me next Tuesday at my recruiting station for the interview.

Should I be popping that pro-rec boner right now? My recruiter was radio silent on the issue when I called him to let him know.

Until you have a security clearance and something on paper correlating to an OCS class date...everything else is BS.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*

I don't know how the security folks would know before anyone else that you'd been pro-rec'd. Others have had their investigations underway before the board even met, I think (ChelseaRuthless?).

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I see.... I just also saw they have one the same time as the March board so I figured maybe it was for us. I hope it isn't and we find out before the holidays.

I had the same "dammit" reaction as you until I saw the O-7 part. Funny how they pick the admirals at the same time as the Ensigns.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Until you have a security clearance and something on paper correlating to an OCS class date...everything else is BS.

I don't know how the security folks would know before anyone else that you'd been pro-rec'd. Others have had their investigations underway before the board even met, I think (ChelseaRuthless?).

^ Those are reasonable statements to me. I think I'm just hypersensitive to any advancement in this process. :)

Here's a question: Are background checks performed on candidates before they are selected?

YES. This is happening to me right now. I haven't been selected yet, but my background investigation is finishing up this week (it's been underway for almost 2 weeks now), and I've had my medical done for a month now. My OR told me that if I am prorec'ed, they're trying to get my FS letter to me ASAP and get me to Newport. Sidenote: I am only gonig for SWO this time around.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
YES. This is happening to me right now. I haven't been selected yet, but my background investigation is finishing up this week (it's been underway for almost 2 weeks now), and I've had my medical done for a month now. My OR told me that if I am prorec'ed, they're trying to get my FS letter to me ASAP and get me to Newport. Sidenote: I am only gonig for SWO this time around.

Ah, I misunderstood the original question. They can be, but they don't mean you have been selected yet.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*

On this note, how much does a pro-rec actually mean? Does it mean that you are in, pending no security clearance or medical issues?

Ah, I misunderstood the original question. They can be, but they don't mean you have been selected yet.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at, but in far too many words. I just saw everyone saying "no" and I felt like I was sitting in the back corner of the classroom trying to raise my hand.

I called my OR as soon as the lady called me about my background check interview because I was under the impression this was supposed to happen later in the process. That's when I got the January/February class date news from him.

On this note, how much does a pro-rec actually mean? Does it mean that you are in, pending no security clearance or medical issues?

My understanding of the process is that this statement is correct. Anyone more knowledgeable care to confirm?

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
When did yall actually submit you packages.... I only ask cause I have not heard from security clearence. Also what medical is there before ocs other than MEPS the first time around?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I called my OR as soon as the lady called me about my background check interview because I was under the impression this was supposed to happen later in the process. That's when I got the January/February class date news from him.

I'm glad it is Jan/Feb and not just Jan now.

Some of you might have earlier availability dates than others, and so perhaps they are trying to get those people checked first. Regardless, I think it is safe to say that if we were Pro-Rec'd we'd know it.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
When did yall actually submit you packages.... I only ask cause I have not heard from security clearence. Also what medical is there before ocs other than MEPS the first time around?

Mine was sent in just before the deadline. Not everyone has been to MEPS yet, and people can get hurt or develop problems before OCS. Flight physical isn't until we get there.

John wright

SNA Pro-Rec Dec 2012
Mine was sent in just before the deadline. Not everyone has been to MEPS yet, and people can get hurt or develop problems before OCS. Flight physical isn't until we get there.

Yeah I know theres a risk of getting hurt.... which makes me extra cautious now.... I just didn't realize you could submit without MEPS... no fun at all FYI.