• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API All over again for Panel Nav?!?

Sabre170

None
Is it true that if you select Panel Nav and when you get to San Antonio that the first three months of class are API all over again?

Are there any SNFOs there who can shed some light on the rumors floating around Griffith Hall? What is the training like?

Hudson

It is true that some of the initial training at Randolph will be similar to api. It doesn't last long though. They are working on removing Randolph out of the equation all together. They would extend the time you spend in Pensacola and finish the panel nav portion here in jax. We were told that there would be a test bunch coming through sometime in the near future. Not sure when you would wing whether it would be before you leave nasp or after you finish at nasjax like the e2 pipeline.

Sabre170

None
Once you class up in San Antonio, how long is the school? Is it both Intermediate and Advanced, or is it one school combined? What are the hard parts, the pain in the butt parts and fun stuff you do while there?

Hudson

The class is six months long. The hardest part of Randolph training is being with the air force. They just do things differently. The painful things are the death by power point lectures that are given, the fun stuff is the flying. It was fun to me to think I just flew 1400 miles and traversed 4 or 5 states. The cross country trip was a fun as well. Don't pass up an opportunity to go to Minneapolis if it is there.

Hudson

ya sorry it's late there has been a fair amount of beer consumed. what I meant was that if the opportunity is there don't pass it up. but you knew that so I will stop now.

Sabre170

None
Just looking for any info on the school down there. Also, if I get Panel Nav and head down there, is there any chance at getting OHARP there in SA (That is where I am from and would like to go back to help the recruiter). The guys P-grading recently have had up to 4-5 months before they were to report down there.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jesus, STOP calling the position "panel nav". I don't care what the official term is, you're going to be a NavComm in the P-3 world. Words like "panel nav" and "track selection" are AF propaganda. Boo.

we_law

randolph is easy, and at times a total wasit of time and gov money. total change of pace from p-cola. you'll probably have to live in the Q unless you have a family, but don't let that stop ya.... temporary... the oharp thing???? that is something you would have to work out with the command... just ask, ask and keep asking.. help the recruiter?.. sure, ha ha ha, you mean skate... it's cool, gotta get it where you can. no x-country for the navy.. don't you worry, you'll get plenty of that in time... any other specific questions just ask....

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I'm here in San Antonio now. Anymore questions you have, ask away. I think the test bunch mentioned will be coming through soon, as my class will be one of the last ones to go through here. Eventually, as you probably already know, it will all be done at NASP.

Anyway, I can tell you what's going on now if you want to know.

Sabre170

None
Does the Squadron in San Antonio have a website?

I heard soon there will be a Test Class to go through Primary here at P'Cola then go through the P-3 syllabus here in P'cola then go to the RAG in Jax, but the holdup is the RAG giving Trawing6 their requirments on what they want taught and how... Just what was said in the Student Ready Room.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
we_law said:
randolph is easy, and at times a total wasit of time and gov money. total change of pace from p-cola. you'll probably have to live in the Q unless you have a family, but don't let that stop ya.... temporary... the oharp thing???? that is something you would have to work out with the command... just ask, ask and keep asking.. help the recruiter?.. sure, ha ha ha, you mean skate... it's cool, gotta get it where you can. no x-country for the navy.. don't you worry, you'll get plenty of that in time... any other specific questions just ask....

constant stream of thought.....can't understand what the hell you are saying......head hurts.......;)

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Sabre170 said:
Does the Squadron in San Antonio have a website?

I heard soon there will be a Test Class to go through Primary here at P'Cola then go through the P-3 syllabus here in P'cola then go to the RAG in Jax, but the holdup is the RAG giving Trawing6 their requirments on what they want taught and how... Just what was said in the Student Ready Room.

I'm not sure about the test class going through the P-3 course at NASP before the panel nav group moves there, but who knows. Watch out for the ready room gossip, though....it'll bite you in the rear when you listen to too much of it!

Here's the squadron website...
http://www.randolph.af.mil/12ftw/12og/562fts/

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. We're going through a change of command here soon, so some things might start changing earlier than expected. Just be ready for about 2-3 months of review, VERY API like, and then 2-3 months of relatively new stuff. It won't be bad at all, if you did well at NASP.