• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone want to buy an SU-27?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
So cool.

What's with the seat? Looks like something out of a gynecologists office or a torture chamber.

Waldo

Harrier Bubba
pilot
Although I didn't see the radar listed under the installed avionics, it still seems pretty reasonable at $5 million. Anybody want to go in halves?

yak52driver

Contributor
When I was doing formation flying at Rockford earlier this summer out of Pride they had both of the Su-27's in the hanger. First thing airboss told us was look, but no pictures. They were being Americanized with avionics. They are a BIG airplane. I could walk under the center fuselage betweent the engines and my head cleared. When I was down there a month or two ago, they had sunk monster concrete hold down points to do the engine tests, the grass behind them showed the exhaust pattern from the run-ups. Cool stuff.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
If I ever could afford to buy something like that, it wouldn't be the $5 mil that would concern me in the least bit, it would be the gas and maintainance, respectively... I don't even want to guess what the fuel flow (even at cruise at alt) for that thing is... One flight would probably drain my checking account, several fold.

wild_bill

Another SNA
My A-Pool room mates and I are going to go in together on this and use it for IFS and picking up girls at the Sand Shaker. We will keep it in the front yard and if our land lord asks any questions, we'll tell him it's a leaf blower.

What could go wrong?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
So, will this be the next ATAC bird?

Or maybe part of CAPT Snodgrass' next air combat venture?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So, will this be the next ATAC bird?

Not that I'm any expert on this subject, but I did happen to chat a little on this subject with the ATAC reps at tailhook last weekend and all they said was that they had looked at it, and were still trying to figure out a way to sell the idea to their management. They made it sound a bit more difficult than just writing a check, as you could probably imagine.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone figured out why Russian cockpits are blue? It just looks . . . weird. :confused:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Rooskies never have figured out ergonomics. We got to have a show-and-tell in some Djiboutian Hinds and Hips (the DJ AF ramp was next to ours) and the cockpits looked and felt like something from a Saw movie.

BUDU

My A-Pool room mates and I are going to go in together on this and use it for IFS and picking up girls at the Sand Shaker. We will keep it in the front yard and if our land lord asks any questions, we'll tell him it's a leaf blower.

What could go wrong?

It also works wonders in assisting you with that time-honored tradition of scaring your daughter's prom date. A lot better than sitting there cleaning your shotgun.